Merlyn is a fictional supervillain appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. He is the archenemy of Green Arrow, though over the years he has served as an adversary for other superheroes in the DC Universe as well, such as Batman. He was created by Mike Friedrich, Neal Adams, and Dick Dillin and first appeared in Justice League of America #94 (1971).
Since 2012, the character has appeared on The CW's live-action TV series Arrow, where he is portrayed by actor John Barrowman.
Merlyn is a fictional character in the Marvel Comics universe. He claims to be the Merlin of British Legends (see Identity) and served for many years as the Omniversal Guardian, a function his daughter Roma took from him. Though the Merlin character first appeared in earlier comics, Merlyn first appeared in Captain Britain #1 ( 1976).
Merlyn is an alternate spelling of Merlin, a wizard in the Arthurian legend.
Merlyn may also refer to:
- Merlyn (cricket), an automated bowling machine used by the England cricket team
- Merlyn (DC Comics), a DC Comics supervillain and arch-rival of Green Arrow
- Merlyn (Marvel Comics), a supporting character of Marvel Comics' Captain Britain
- Merlyn (racing car), racing cars built by Colchester Racing Development (CRD)
- Merlin (software), a commercial project management software application for Mac OS X
- The Book of Merlyn, the posthumously published final book in T. H. White's The Once and Future King
- Merlyn Mantle (1932–2009), American writer and wife of baseball player Mickey Mantle
- Randal Schwartz (born 1961), or merlyn, American technology writer, system administrator and programming consultant