Crossword clues for ara
- Coaching great Parseghian
- Scorpius' celestial neighbor
- Palindromic altar
- Coaching legend Parseghian
- Scorpius' heavenly neighbor
- Palm cockatoo
- Bird genus
- Legendary coach Parseghian
- Former Notre Dame coach Parseghian
- Showy parrots
- Parseghian in the College Football Hall of Fame
- Noted coach Parseghian
- Greek goddess of vengeance
- First name in Fighting Irish history
- "The Altar" constellation
- Legendary Notre Dame coach Parseghian
- Former Coach Parseghian
- First name in college coaching legends
- First name at Notre Dame
- Coach Parseghian of Notre Dame fame
- Stellar altar
- Parseghian of coaching lore
- Genus of macaws
- First name in Notre Dame football coaches
- First name at old Notre Dame
- Famed coach Parseghian
- Duffy's foe in the 1966 MSU-Notre Dame game
- College Football Hall of Fame inductee 29 years after Knute
- Bear rival
- Another Notre Dame legend, Parseghian
- Altar up above
- A Knute successor
- 1966 Sporting News College Coach of the Year Parseghian
- __ Pacis: altar of Peace
- Triangulum Australe neighbor
- The Greeks believed its offerings' smoke formed the Milky Way
- The Era of __: period in Notre Dame sports lore
- The Era of ___ (1966-74 at Notre Dame)
- Telescopium neighbor
- Star-studded altar
- Southern shiner
- South Bend name
- Scorpius's nighttime partner
- Scorpius's neighbor
- Scorpio neighbor
- Project ___ (Google modular smartphone project)
- Parseghian the coach
- Parseghian of football fame
- Parseghian of Notre Dame
- One of Ptolemy's original constellations
- One of Ptolemy's original 48 constellations
- One of Ptolemy's 48
- One of Knute's followers
- Notre Dame legend Parseghian
- Notre Dame coaching great Parseghian
- Night-time altar
- Name in Notre Dame lore
- Miami University football head coach after Woody
- Longtime coach Parseghian of Notre Dame
- Legendary football coach Parseghian
- Latin altar
- It's near Scorpius
- Immortal Notre Dame coach Parseghian
- Hall of Famer Parseghian
- Former Notre Dame football coach Parseghian
- Former Fighting Irish coach Parseghian
- Former college coach Parseghian
- Football coaching legend Parseghian
- Flashy parrots
- First name in Notre Dame sports
- First name in Notre Dame football history
- First name in Notre Dame coaching
- First name in college football coaching legends
- First name in college coaching
- Fighting Irish legend
- Fighting Irish coach Parseghian
- Famous name at Notre Dame
- Faint constellation next to Scorpius
- Corona Australis's heavenly neighbor
- Constellation with seven planets
- Constellation with a palindromic name
- Constellation whose letters aptly appear in "altar"
- Constellation next to Triangulum Australe
- Constellation next to Corona Australis
- Constellation depicted with rising smoke
- Constellation containing the Stingray Nebula
- Constellation between Scorpius and Pavo
- Constellation beneath the tail of Scorpius
- College football's Parseghian
- College Football Hall of Fame inductee the same year as Merlin
- College football coach Parseghian
- College coach Parseghian
- Coach Parseghian of Notre Dame
- Coach Parseghian in the College Football Hall of Fame
- Coach about 50 years after Knute
- City of northeast India
- Celestial "Altar"
- Borneo pepper plant
- Antony's altar
- Amos Alonzo Stagg Award winner Parseghian
- Altar, in Latin
- Altar of sky
- Altar of heaven
- 11-season Notre Dame football coach Parseghian
- “The Altar” constellation
- "The Era of ___" (19641974 at Notre Dame)
- "Altar" constellation
- ''The Altar'' constellation
- ___-A (drug used to treat chickenpox)
- ___ the Beautiful (Armenian king of legend)
- Altar in the sky
- Mr. Parseghian
- Constellation next to Scorpius
- Constellation near Norma and Telescopium
- Coach Parseghian of the Fighting Irish
- Constellation near Pavo
- Southern constellation near Telescopium
- Neighbor of Scorpius in the sky
- Heavenly neighbor of Scorpius
- One of Knute's successors
- Parseghian of Notre Dame fame
- Ancient Rome's___Pacis
- Parrot genus
- Football's Parseghian
- Constellation near Telescopium
- Blue-and-yellow macaw
- It's south of Scorpius
- Notre Dame name of fame
- First name in coaching
- Constellation next to Telescopium
- Constellation near Scorpius
- Rome's ___ Pacis Museum
- Southern Hemisphere constellation
- Longtime Met basso Berberian
- Notre Dame's Parseghian
- Celestial altar
- Scorpius neighbor
- The Altar constellation
- "___ Vos Prec" (T. S. Eliot work)
- First name in Notre Dame football fame
- ___ Pacis (Roman monument)
- Altar constellation
- T. S. Eliot's "___ Vos Prec"
- Neighbor of Telescopium
- Heavenly altar
- Constellation next to Norma
- Rudy's coach in "Rudy"
- Sight in the southern sky
- Astronomical altar
- Rudy's coach in the 1993 football film "Rudy"
- Constellation south of Scorpius
- Sacrifice site, in Siena
- Basso Berberian
- Era of ___ (period in Notre Dame football history)
- Parseghian of the Fighting Irish
- Constellation next to Pavo
- Constellation with the Stingray Nebula
- Notre Dame coach Parseghian
- One of Ptolemy's 48 constellations
- Palindromic constellation
- Neighbor of Norma
- Constellation described by Ptolemy
- Eliot's "___ Vos Prec"
- The Era of ___ (1964-74 Notre Dame football)
- Longtime Notre Dame coach Parseghian
- Only three-letter constellation other than Leo
- A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma
- This lies south of Scorpio's tail
- Screw pine
- Norma's heavenly neighbor
- Parseghian of football-coaching fame
- Constellation or pine
- Altar on high
- Ex-coach Parseghian
- A Greek goddess of vengeance
- Starry Altar
- Parseghian of coaching fame
- Textile screw pine
- Where angels worship?
- Bird or tree
- Macaw's genus
- Goddess of vengeance
- It's south of Scorpio's tail
- Brazilian macaw
- Altar of the skies
- A constellation
- A neighbor of Norma
- Goddess of destruction
- Constellation or screw pine
- Sky altar
- First name of a Fighting Irish legend
- Constellation north of Norma
- Star-studded altar?
- First name of coaching fame
- ___ Parseghian of football fame
- Constellation called "the Altar"
- The Altar, in astronomy
- Altar above us all
- Southern group of stars
- Macaw of Brazil
- Scorpio's neighbor
- Football first name
- Astral Altar
- Constellation near Scorpio
- Constellation south of Scorpio
- Constellation between Scorpius and Triangulum Australe
- Football commentator Parseghian
- Gaudy psittacine
- ___-Coeli Church, in Rome
- Parseghian of football and TV
- Altar in a chiesa
- Altar of the sky
- Altar in space
- Sports commentator Parseghian
- A neighbor of Scorpio
- Surrounding glow
- Famed football coach Parseghian
- Football coach Parseghian
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Ara \A"ra\, n. [L.] (Astron.) The Altar; a southern constellation, south of the tail of the Scorpion. [1913 Webster] ||
Ara \A"ra\, n. [Native Indian name.] (Zo["o]l.) A name of the great blue and yellow macaw ( Ara ararauna), native of South America.
n. The great blue and yellow macaw (''Ara ararauna'').
Ara is a southern constellation situated between Scorpius and Triangulum Australe. Its Latin name means " altar". Ara was one of the 48 Greek constellations described by the 2nd century astronomer Ptolemy, and it remains one of the 88 modern constellations defined by the International Astronomical Union.
Ara or ara may refer to:
Ara is a neotropical genus of macaws with eight extant species and at least two extinct species. The genus name was coined by French naturalist Bernard Germain de Lacépède in 1799. It gives its name to and is part of the Arini, or tribe of neotropical parrots. The genus name Ara is likely related to arara, the Portuguese word for a macaw, itself derived from the Tupi word a'rara.
The Ara macaws are large striking parrots with long tails, long narrow wings and vividly coloured plumage. They all have a characteristic bare face patch around the eyes. Males and females have similar plumage. Many of its members are popular in the pet trade, and bird smuggling is a threat to several species.
Ara is a lake in the municipality of Aremark in Østfold county, Norway.
Ara is a 2008 Turkish drama film directed by Ümit Ünal, starring Erdem Akakçe, Betül Çobanoğlu, Serhat Tutumluer, and Selen Uçer, all originally stage actors.
The film's plot spans a decade and evolves around the relations of two middle class, urban couples, Veli and Selda, Veli's business partner Ender and Gül. Selda is romantically and sexually involved with Ender, while Gül and Veli are also in an extramarital relationship. The film examines Turkey's financial and cultural turmoils of the past 20 years through these four middle-class people who search for their own places and stances in society, and through their romantic, friendly and treacherous relations.
The film is set in a single apartment, however, because the plot spans a decade, and the apartment is used as a set for music videos, commercials or TV serials, those images seep into the film's imagery while the decoration of the house continuously changes throughout. The film was shot completely digitally in an 80 square meter (861 square feet) flat at the Kuledibi neighbourhood in Beyoğlu, Istanbul. The film's title "Ara" means "between", " space", " distance" in Turkish, and it is a reference to the main characters' "in between-ness" in society and their own relationships.
According to traditional Chinese uranography, the modern constellation Ara is located within the eastern quadrant of the sky, which is symbolized as the Azure Dragon of the East (東方青龍, Dōng Fāng Qīng Lóng).
The name of the western constellation in modern Chinese is 天壇座 (tiān tán zuò), meaning "the heaven altar constellation".
Ara ( is a Catalan daily newspaper that began publication on 28 November 2010, coinciding with the Catalan parliamentary elections. Between 60,000 and 90,000 copies are printed each day. It is the third most read daily newspaper in Catalonia, and the most read daily newspaper written exclusively in the Catalan language. Its regional edition, Ara Balears, is the most widespread Catalan language newspaper on the Balearic Islands.
The publisher is Carles Capdevila, the president is Ferran Rodés, and the CEO and Editor is Mònica Terribas. The newspaper's advisory council includes journalists Antoni Bassas, Albert Om and Toni Soler, all known for their work with the Catalan public television channel, TV3. Ara's content includes Catalan translations of reports and articles from the International Herald Tribune.
Ara's shareholders are the group Cultura 03, which also publishes the magazines Sàpiens, TimeOut Barcelona, Descobrir, and Cuina; Ferran Rodés, representing Havas Media; and Artur Carulla, president of the Agrolimen holding company. In September 2010, Antoni Bassas announced that he would participate as a shareholder.
Ara, or Arag, ( Tibetan and Dzongkha: ཨ་རག་; Wylie: a-rag; "alcohol, liquor"; ultimately from Arabic ) is a traditional alcoholic beverage consumed in Bhutan. Ara is made from rice, maize, millet, or wheat, and may be either fermented or distilled. The beverage is usually a clear, creamy, or white color.
Arayi Ler, also known as Mount Ara, is a polygenetic stratovolcanic cone in Armenia's Kotayk Province. The town of Zoravan and a nearby church, Gharghavank, are located along the mountain's lower slopes. The town of Yeghvard is below the mountain.
Located north of Yerevan, the mountain has a destroyed crater and a base diameter of 9km at an altitude of 1,900m. The volcano is constructed from lava and agglomerate layers with intrusions of andesite and dacite. The slopes on the north and east are forested. One flank cone south of Arailer has erupted andesite. Andesite also appears in the former crater and lava flows spread to the Hrazdan River. One K-Ar date indicates an age of 1.3 Ma, there are two subsidiary cones Nokhut and Shakhvard.
The mountain has a high biodiversity with Sympecma paedisca, Colias aurorina, Parnassius mnemosyne rjabovi, Armenohelops armeniacus, Cylindronotus erivanus, Conizonia kalashiani, Parnassius apollo kashtshenkoi, Dorcadion kasikoporanum, Papilio alexanor orientalis, Proterebia afra hyrcana and Tetralonia macroglossa represented. Conizonia is endemic on Arailer. The ecosystem is well preserved apart from a minor threat from grazing.
Usage examples of "ara".
A conversation among the dead felt unseemly, but Aras knew that Ade Bennett had seen many battlefields and had learned to handle the horror.
Aras expected Ade to appear with the body, and he braced himself for the moment, ashamed of dreading it, but it was Serrimissani.
However urgent his problems, Ade and Aras would be in far worse shape than he ever would.
Aras and Ade were leaning over the bed and they both straightened up and turned to look at Eddie at the same time.
Aras, holding a sizzling pan in one hand, gave Ade an exasperated look and motioned him to the table.
Cardinal Camerlengo, with the object of obtaining from Heaven the speedy election of a pope: this procession, starting from the church of Ara Coeli at the Capitol, was to make stations before the principal Madannas and the most frequented churches.
Chango mani cote Chango mani cote elle masa Chango arambsoni Chango ara mani cote.
Chango mani cote Chango mani cote elle masa Chango Arambsoni Chango Ara Baricote .
A choir of men, hundreds, singing praises to the God of Solas, The Steel Armed One, chanting ARAS, ARAS, ARAS!
ARA stood for American Remailers Anonymous, a well-known anonymous server.
ARA stood for American Remailers Anonymous, awell-known anonymous server.
The crew knew the broad detail, and so did the colonists of Constantine who gave her asylum, and it would only be a matter of time before the matriarchs of Wess'ej found out what Aras had done to save her.
Usually Aras managed to see only what was truly there: tonight, once again, the images of what had once been were intruding on the present.
But Aras walked along the vanished perimeter of an isenj city called Mjat and down what had been a main thoroughfare flanked by homes.
But she had expected a little more breathing space before the matriarchs discovered what Aras had done to her.