Crossword clues for acme
- Cartoon purveyor of anvils and tornado kits
- Cartoon catalog company
- Cartoon anvil company
- Came differently?
- Anvil seller in cartoons
- Anvil purveyor of cartoondom
- Word from the Greek for "point"
- Wile E.'s provider
- Wile E.'s favorite firm
- Wile E.'s company for supplies
- Wile E. Coyote's supplier of iron bird seed
- Wile E. Coyote's preferred supplier
- Wile E. Coyote's mail-order company
- Wile E. Coyote's mail order company
- Wile E. Coyote's gadget supply company
- Wile E. Coyote's favorite gadget company
- Wile E. Coyote's favorite catalog company
- Wile E. Coyote's favorite brand
- Wile E. Coyote's favored brand
- Wile E. Coyote's contraption supplier
- Wile E. Coyote's company
- Wile E. Coyote vendor
- Wile E. Coyote patronizes this co
- Where Wile E. Coyote gets his gadgets
- Utmost height
- Untoppable point
- Top-roper's goal
- Top of the hill
- Toontown supplier
- Toon vendor of anvils and TNT
- Toon TNT seller
- Toon mail-order company
- Toon company that made the Indestructo Steel Ball
- TNT seller of cartoons
- TNT provider on TV
- TNT producer of cartoons
- This is the top
- The product line's company
- The highest you can go
- Supply company of cartoondom
- Supplier to Wile E. Coyote
- Supplier of Wile E. Coyote's traps
- Supplier of unsuccessful Road Runner traps
- Supplier of faulty Road Runner traps
- Supplier of fake tunnels to Wile E. Coyote
- Supplier in many cartoons
- Source of cartoon explosives
- Seller of Rocket-Powered Roller Skates and Female Road-Runner Costumes
- Seller of anvils and rocket sleds to Wile E
- Return addressee on Wile E.'s parcels
- Return addressee on Wile E.'s packages
- Prominent point
- Popular store name
- Point of culmination
- Point above all others
- Place if you've peaked?
- Oft-used mail order company by Wile E. Coyote
- Name found high in many a business directory, appropriately
- Most elevated point
- Makers of the Do-It-Yourself Tornado Kit and Earthquake Pills
- Maker of the Indestructo Steel Ball and Jet-Propelled Unicycle
- Maker of outlandish products in Road Runner cartoons
- Maker of Instant Feathers and Hi-Speed Tonic
- Maker of giant rubber bands (for tripping roadrunners)
- Maker of earthquake pills and dehydrated boulders
- Maker of anvils, birdseed, rocket sleds, etc
- Mail-order company used by Wile E. Coyote
- Mail-order company of cartoondom
- Mail-order company favored by Wile E. Coyote
- Mail order company of cartoondom
- Looney Tunes corporation
- Longtime cartoon business
- It's downhill from here
- It's at the top of the heap
- It's as high as one can go
- It's above all else
- It can't be topped
- Highest point (of achievement?)
- Gadget company favored by Wile E. Coyote
- Fictional TNT supplier
- Fictional seller of Earthquake Pills and Female Road-Runner Costumes
- Fictional manufacturer of disintegrating pistols and jet-propelled unicycles
- Fictional maker of earthquake pills and tornado seeds
- Fictional maker of Dehydrated Boulders and Tornado Seeds ("just add water")
- Fictional corporation that supplied rocket-powered roller skates and jet-propelled pogo sticks
- Fictional corporation that sells explosive tennis balls
- Fictional corporation that sells earthquake pills and portable holes
- Fictional company in the "Looney Tunes" cartoons
- Fictional company behind earthquake pills and dehydrated boulders
- Fictional anvil supplier
- Everest, to the world
- Coyote's go-to company
- Coyote's company of choice
- Corporation that Wile E. Coyote buys products from
- Corporation that sold a Jet-Propelled Unicycle to Wile E. Coyote
- Corporation selling to Wile E. Coyote
- Contraption company of cartoondom
- Company with Wile E. Coyote's address
- Company Wile E. Coyote often buys things from
- Company whose gadgets Wile E. Coyote uses in Road Runner cartoons
- Company where Wile E. Coyote buys his supplies
- Company used by Wile E. Coyote
- Company that Wile E. Coyote orders from
- Company that Wile E. Coyote buys from
- Company that should give Wile E. Coyote a loyalty discount
- Company that sells Earthquake Pills and Dehydrated Boulders
- Company that makes anvils
- Company supplying Wile E. Coyote
- Company supplying Mr. Coyote
- Company in many a Chuck Jones piece
- Company from which Wile E. Coyote buys his supplies
- Chuck Jones's company?
- Catalog company of cartoons
- Cartoon supplier of anvils and explosive tennis balls
- Cartoon supplier
- Cartoon purveyor of TNT
- Cartoon maker of iron bird seed
- Cartoon maker of explosive tennis balls
- Cartoon maker of Dehydrated Boulders
- Cartoon gadget seller
- Cartoon explosives brand
- Cartoon coyote's favorite company
- Cartoon anvil seller
- Cartoon anvil maker
- Brand bought by Wile E. Coyote
- As high as one can get
- Apex of a mountain
- Anvil vendor of cartoons
- Anvil brand
- Animated Wile E.'s supplier
- Agency that tracks Carmen Sandiego
- Addressee on Wile E. Coyote's order blanks
- "I am an __ of things accomplished": Whitman
- "Do-It-Yourself Tornado Kit" manufacturer
- ___ Acres ("Tiny Toon Adventures" setting)
- Highest point of achievement
- High point
- Ne plus ultra
- Crowning point
- Wile E. Coyote's supply company
- Zenith — optimum
- Climber's goal
- Wile E. Coyote's supplier of choice
- Mountaineer's goal
- Apex or peak
- Higest point
- Summit or apex
- Highest stage of development
- Very top
- Tip or top
- Very visible point
- #1 spot
- Peak of perfection
- Top spot?
- Height of accomplishment
- #1 position
- It's the top
- Top of the heap
- Cartoon company where Wile E. Coyote gets his equipment
- Greatest flowering
- Road Runner cartoon company
- Be-all and end-all
- Looney Tunes manufacturer
- Top point
- Wile E. Coyote's go-to company
- Lofty place
- This above all?
- Brand in Road Runner cartoons
- As high as you can go
- Fictional corporation that made a jet-propelled unicycle
- Warner Bros. cartoon company
- Ultimate point
- Cartoon supplier of dehydrated boulders, cactus costumes and iron bird seed
- It's all downhill from here?
- The highest level or degree attainable
- The highest point of something
- The tops
- This is tops
- High spot
- Utmost degree
- Very hard getting round London district
- Married in a church, one’s high point
- Culminating point of month in service
- Expert goes over minutes for summit
- Zenith - optimum
- Summit at Chequers must end, only leaders staying
- First of mannequins wearing superb top
- After not much revision, came top
- Highest point of excellence or achievement
- Highest point of excellence
- Highest level attainable
- High point of item carried over
- High point of excellence
- Top of bill, moi!
- Top marks secured by expert
- Crème de la crème
- Nadir's opposite
- Topmost point
- Lobby for
- Top of the world
- Wile E.'s supplier
- Ultimate height
- Culminating point
- Topmost position
- Topmost spot
- The ultimate
- Cartoon supply company
- As high as you can get
- Wile E. Coyote's brand
- Uppermost point
- Looney Tunes company
- Cartoon mail-order company
- Top position
- Mail-order company in Road Runner cartoons
- High-water mark
- Ever-failing cartoon brand
- Coyote's favorite company
- Catalog used by Wile E. Coyote
- Catalog company of cartoondom
- Brand used by Wile E. Coyote
- Wile E. Coyote supplier
- Where some descents start
- The very top
- Supplier of Road Runner traps
- Makers of the Giant Rubber Band and Dehydrated Boulders
- It's as high as you can go
- Highest position
- Highest place that one can reach
- Company patronized by Wile E. Coyote
- Climber's destination
- You can't get any higher than this
- Wile E. supplier
- Wile E. Coyote's vendor
- Wile E. Coyote's supply house
- Wile E. Coyote's preferred brand
- Wile E. Coyote's mail-order house
- Wile E. Coyote's favorite company
- Utmost reach
- Upper extremity
- TNT vendor of cartoons
- The top
- Supply company in Road Runner cartoons
- Supplier of Wile E. Coyote's gadgets
- Supplier for Wile E. Coyote
- Point of perfection
- Peak or apex
- Nadir opposite
- Mountaineering goal
- Lofty point
- Highest point (of something)
- High water mark
- Go-to company for Wile E. Coyote
- Fictional company that supplies Wile E. Coyote
- Elevated point
- Company Wile E. Coyote often orders from
- Catalog sales company of cartoondom
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Acme \Ac"me\, n. [Gr. ? point, top.]
The top or highest point; the culmination.
The very acme and pitch of life for epic poetry.
The moment when a certain power reaches the acme of its supremacy.
(Med.) The crisis or height of a disease.
Mature age; full bloom of life.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
"highest point," 1560s, from Greek akme "(highest) point, edge; peak of anything," from PIE root *ak- "sharp" (see acrid). Written in Greek letters until c.1620. The U.S. grocery store chain was founded 1891 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
n. (context fiction English) A generic large company or corporation.
n. the highest level or degree attainable; "his landscapes were deemed the acme of beauty"; "the artist's gifts are at their acme"; "at the height of her career"; "the peak of perfection"; "summer was at its peak"; "...catapulted Einstein to the pinnacle of fame"; "the summit of his ambition"; "so many highest superlatives achieved by man"; "at the top of his profession" [syn: height, elevation, peak, pinnacle, summit, superlative, top]
Housing Units (2000): 88
Land area (2000): 9.805551 sq. miles (25.396260 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 9.805551 sq. miles (25.396260 sq. km)
FIPS code: 00275
Located within: Washington (WA), FIPS 53
Location: 48.715402 N, 122.209954 W
ZIP Codes (1990): 98220
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Acme may refer to:
Acme is a text editor and graphical shell from the Plan 9 from Bell Labs operating system, designed and implemented by Rob Pike. It can use the Sam command language. The design of the interface was influenced by Oberon. It is different from other editing environments in that it acts as a 9P server. A distinctive element of the user interface is mouse chording.
The Acme was a make of American automobiles made in Reading, Pennsylvania from 1903 to 1911. They were the successor of the Reber which was made from 1902 to 1903 by Reber Manufacturing.
Acme is a computer virus which infects EXE files. Each time an infected file is executed, Acme may infect an EXE in the current directory by creating a hidden 247 byte long read-only COM file with the same base name. (In DOS, if the file extension is not specified, and two files with the same base name exist, one with .COM and one with .EXE, the .COM file will always be executed first.) Acme is a variant of Clonewar, a spawning virus. Acme is also perhaps a descendant of the small single-step infector Zeno, which is not to be confused with the Zeno programming language.
ACME is the sixth studio album by the American punk blues group Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, released on Matador in 1998.
Usage examples of "acme".
And I thought the way we met, with the FBI vouching for Nield, was something slightly esoteric, a comedy 276 touch like the Acme Quick Service brothers.
Sure enough, the keys were in the ignition, just like the Scorpion Lady had promised, and I drove out to Phaya Tai Road and cruised up and down it til I finally found the Acme Fertilizer Company.
I walked over to her bed and collapsed on it, and the next thing I knew she was shaking my shoulder and telling me that it was six in the morning and it was time to take the truck back to the Acme Fertilizer Company and make another pick-up.
I was ready to call it quits and give up on the reward and just spend the next few years enjoying a little pre-connubial bliss, she told me that I was all through going to Acme Fertilizer Company and would now be making my pick-ups at the Prime Fish Hatcheries.
Two weeks later the Scorpion Lady told me to skip the Hatchery and go back to the Acme Fertilizer Company, and Reginald attacked the elephant shit with the same enthusiasm he had attacked it a month earlier.
Leiter out by going to the Acme Baths to make the pay-off if Shy Smile failed to win the race.
He took his eyes off the Negro and looked over the rest of the Acme Mud Bath.
As president of Acme Packers, I am well aware of my competitors, of which Starbuck is definitely one.
Of course, this is predicated on your success in purchasing all the land we require, and the subsequent merger of Acme with our new corporation.
Grannie wants you to go down to Acme Films at ten fifteen when they will screen all the film we have of Red Army people who work for the Karlshorst Security Control Area.
There was another whole world outside of that Texaco station in Acme, Texas.
Almost two years ago he had upped and left Acme, Texas, to go out into the wide open world, only to find his own shrunk down to the confining cockpit of a B-17 bomber.
The Acme Florists were the only ones who carried those primroses, which were shipped from a hothouse in Sausalito, across the Bay.
The Shadow held it to the light, the red primrose that Trobin had bought from the Acme Florists.
She had just stepped into the Acme Florists and given an order to the clerk.