Crossword clues for soya
- Extensively cultivated for food and forage and soil improvement but especially for its nutritious oil-rich seeds
- Asian legume
- A source of oil and flour
- Salty sauce, British style
- Bean from which sauce is made
- A bean
- Margarine ingredient
- Bean for the lean
- Oriental sauce
- Bean variety
- Oriental bean
- Oriental legume
- Far East export to England
- Tofu source
- Salty sauce
- Oil-rich bean
- Legume family member
- High-protein staple
- Source of sauce or milk
- Multipurpose protein source
- Protein source
- Type of bean
- Kind of bean
- High-protein bean
- Versatile bean
- ___ bean
- Protein bean
- Bean type
- Nutritious bean
- ___ beans (miso ingredients)
- Protein-rich seed
- Protein-rich bean
- Good protein source
- Edamame source
- Bean staple
- Bean used to make tempeh
- Native to Asia
- Erect bushy hairy annual herb having trifoliate leaves and purple to pink flowers
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Soybean \Soy"bean\ (soi"b[=e]n`), n.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
"soy," 1670s; see soy. Soyaburger is attested from 1953.
n. soya bean
Soya can mean:
- Soya bean, or soybean, a species of legume native to East Asia, widely grown for its edible bean
- Sōya District, Hokkaido, a district located in the Sōya Subprefecture, Hokkaido, Japan
- Soya Group, a Swedish corporate group including the Wallenius Lines, Wallfast and Wallenius Water companies
- Soya sauce, a fermented sauce made from soybeans, roasted grain, water and salt
- Sōya Subprefecture, a subprefecture of the Hokkaido Prefecture, Japan
- Sōya (icebreaker), a Japanese icebreaker
, a Swedish coastal tanker
- Soya3D, a high-level three-dimensional rendering engine for the Python programming language
Usage examples of "soya".
De Soya must convince the garrison commander -- Pax Major Leem -- that an expedition has to be mounted.
DE SOYA: Bishop Melandriano ordered the Pax troops I had brought in to release Captain Powl and the others.
De Soya explains to his daughter, Aenea, how he remembers the brief rebaptism ceremony at the local cathedral -- St.
Father de Soya set his tunicle in place, the outer garment showing a T-cross in front.
Lieutenant Arkadi Papyrin watched the thermal imaging down-link terminal from the RORSAT satellite currently making a pass over the Japanese north island of Hokkaido and the Soya Strait.
On Grass, standing shoulder high in the yellow world prairie, we waved good-bye to Isher Perpet, one of the bolder rebels once rescued from a Pax prison galley and gathered in by Father de Soya.
After Sergeant Gregorius is resurrected, rests a few hours, and flies to Station Three-twenty-six Mid-littoral to report, de Soya tells him the various findings.
De Soya realizes that the child is going to step into this new era only to be confronted with three helmeted, visored figures in combat armor, and slides all of his visors up.
It had happened out in the hydroponic garden, when she was drinking the soya cream his mother poured for her breakfast.
Monsignor Lucas Oddi stops at the far end of the gardens, waves the others to a stone bench near where another man waits, and Father de Soya realizes that the seated man is Cardinal Lourdusamy and that the conference is happening here, in the scented gardens.
Monsignor Lucas Oddi and Pax Captain Marget Wu move to either side of de Soya and act as escorts as they turn to leave the garden.
Still, the hunter and the soya products notwithstanding, I refused to go out with no foodstuffs at all.
As de Soya watches the Holy Father celebrate Mass, the Pax captain thinks of the story of Julius's ascendancy-learned through both official Church history and the banned poem the Cantos, which every literate teenager reads at the risk of his soul, but reads nonetheless.
Bettik, Theo, the Dorje Phamo, and Lhomo Dondrub -- I knew well: other people there -- Father Captain de Soya, obviously renewed and recovered from his terrible wounds and wearing a priest's black trousers, tunic, and Roman collar, Sergeant Gregorius in his Swiss Guard combat fatigues -- I had met recently and knew by sight.
That night, walking the base path along the river, de Soya tries to imagine what he will do if he is court-martialed and stripped of his priesthood but not imprisoned.