Crossword clues for magi
- Caspar, Melchior and Balthazar, e.g.
- Star trek figures?
- Figures in a crГЁche
- According to the Gospel of Matthew they were guided by a star and brought gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh
- Because there were three gifts it is usually assumed that there were three of them
- (New Testament) the sages who visited Jesus and Mary and Joseph shortly after Jesus was born
- Ancient gift givers
- They saw the Light
- They followed that star
- Subjects of a T. S. Eliot poem
- Wise trio
- Wise men
- Epiphany trio
- Yuletide trio
- Melchior et al.
- Balthazar et al.
- Kings who honored their King
- Star-trekkers of old
- Early Christmas visitors
- New Testament trio
- Manger trio
- Epiphany honorees
- Melchior and two others
- "The Gift of the ___," by 45 Down
- O. Henry's gift-givers
- Early star trekkers
- Visitors to infant Jesus
- Epiphany threesome
- Yuletide guests
- They made a star trek
- Christmas trio
- Christmas figures
- The Three Kings
- Men who made a star trek
- Bethlehem visitors
- Gaspar et al.
- Famed biblical trio
- Bethlehem-bound group
- Certain wise men
- Christmas kings
- O. Henry title word
- Crèche characters
- Gift-bearing trio
- Trio from Matthew
- Searchers for a baby
- Travelers in Matthew
- Biblical trio
- Christmas travelers?
- Creche figures
- O. Henry's "The Gift of the ___"
- Epiphany figures
- Trio in Bethlehem
- Trio visting Jesus
- Star witnesses?
- "The Gift of the ___"
- Travelers to Bethlehem
- Traveling trio
- Eastern trio
- Early stargazers?
- Amahl's visitors
- New Testament group
- Wise guys
- CrГЁche trio
- Manger visitors
- Star trekkers?
- Star trek voyagers?
- Adoring ones
- They navigated by a star
- Gift bearers
- Biblical gift bearers
- Nativity trio
- Star followers
- CrГЁche figures
- Adoring trio
- Biblical gift-givers
- Gift givers
- Visitors to Jesus
- Yule trio
- Visitors to baby Jesus
- Nativity scene figures
- Trio in a Christmas story
- Bearers of gold, frankincense and myrrh
- Visitors to the manger
- Biblical stargazers
- Biblical wise men
- Star men?
- Christmas party
- Three Wise Men
- Trio on camels
- Wise guys?
- New Testament gift bearers
- Holiday travelers?
- Gifted trio?
- Parts of a Nativity scene
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Magi \Ma"gi\, n. pl. [L., pl. of Magus, Gr. ?; of Per. origin. Cf. Mage, Magic.] A caste of priests, philosophers, and magicians, among the ancient Persians; hence, any holy men or sages of the East.
The inspired Magi from the Orient came.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
c.1200, "skilled magicians, astrologers," from Latin magi, plural of magus "magician, learned magician," from Greek magos, a word used for the Persian learned and priestly class as portrayed in the Bible (said by ancient historians to have been originally the name of a Median tribe), from Old Persian magush "magician" (see magic). Related: Magian.
n. 1 (plural of mage English) 2 (magus English)
n. a magician or sorcerer of ancient times
a member of the Zoroastrian priesthood of the ancient Persians
[also: magi (pl)]
Mägi is a surname of Estonian origin. The word "mägi" in Estonian means "mountain" or "hill". People with the surname Mägi include:
- Ester Mägi (b. 1922), an Estonian composer.
- Konrad Mägi (1878–1925), an Estonian landscape painter.
- Maris Mägi (b. 1987), an Estonian sprinter.
- Rasmus Mägi (b. 1992), an Estonian hurdler.
- Tõnis Mägi (b. 1948), an Estonian singer, guitarist, composer and actor.
Magi (singular magus) is a particular group of priests.
Magi, mage, or magus may also refer to:
- Biblical Magi, the wise men portrayed in Matthew's story of Jesus' nativity
- Modified adjusted gross income, in U.S. Tax Code
- Mathematical Applications Group, Inc., a computer animation company
- The Magus (novel), a novel by John Fowles
- Andrea Magi (born 1966), Italian boxer
Magi in fantasy fiction and games:
- Magus (comics), a Marvel Comics supervillain
- Magus (Technarchy), a Marvel Comics character
- Mage (comics), a comic book written and illustrated by Matt Wagner
- Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, an Arabian Nights-themed Japanese manga written and illustrated by Shinobu Ohtaka
- Magus (video game), a 2014 role-playing game developed exclusively for the PlayStation 3
- Magus (Chrono Trigger), a character from the video game Chrono Trigger
- Mage: The Ascension, a role-playing game by White Wolf, Inc.
- Mage: The Awakening, a role-playing game by White Wolf, Inc.
- Mahou Sentai Magiranger, a TV series and twenty-ninth season of the Super Sentai franchise
- MAGI, also known as Moscow complex of TsAGI
- '' Male accessory gland infection (MAGI), a condition with signs of inflammation involving one or more sites in the male genital tract
- Magi (film), a Turkish film
Magi is a 2016 Turkish horror film directed and written by Hasan Karacadağ and starring Lucie Pohl, Michael Madsen, Stephen Baldwin and Brianne Davis. The film went on general release across Turkey on April 29, 2016.
Usage examples of "magi".
The silver eyes of the thin, blue grand master seem to transfix the Kurma King Turt, as Magi details.
Be sure Logan, that when we are called, our ears will not fail to hear,' Magi declares.
His eyes shut and body still, Magi slips into a deep meditative state.
The light tanned skinned Ganyeka looks over the many buildings of the town mostly constructed from wood, probably oak, the black hair samurai who is second only to Magi in power within the Virtu order surmises.
The person he wished Magi was, who had the power, but appeared to lack the purpose.
They are to wait outside while Magi, Ganyeka, and Nakano follow Tarqwa inside.
The desire to follow her on what he believes is a holy crusade, weighed heavily against his sense of honor in promising Magi to remain until the Grand Masters return.
With Gem's words, Magi embraced the green hair samurai as a long lost brother.
The silver eyes of Magi turn like the laser sights of a rifle onto Gem.
Gem's expression is one of relief and honor, that Magi has granted his request.
The frustrating vision of a place he has never been has plagued him for months, and he is hoping that Magi can reveal the nature and meaning of it.
Standing behind Magi, Ganyeka, and Nakano, Bak can see the Kurma's through the windows looking quite strange, as they grasp laser spears in their soft flippers.
From the largest window of the royal disc, in silence King Turt and Magi keenly watch.
He cannot believe Magi, is telling the Kurma to run from the Sharkla's.
In a small revelation of his past frustrations with other Virtu's, Magi details.