Crossword clues for loa
n. In the voodoo religion, a spirit intermediary between Bondye (the creator god) and human beings.
Housing Units (2000): 203
Land area (2000): 0.881599 sq. miles (2.283330 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 0.881599 sq. miles (2.283330 sq. km)
FIPS code: 45530
Located within: Utah (UT), FIPS 49
Location: 38.402854 N, 111.643900 W
ZIP Codes (1990):
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
LOA may stand for:
- Law of attraction, a belief of New Thought movement
- Leave of absence, a period of time that one must be away from his/her primary job, while maintaining the status of employee.
- Length overall, the maximum length of a vessel's hull measured parallel to the waterline.
- Letter of Agency (also Letter of Authorization), a document authorizing a telecommunications provider to act on a consumer's behalf
- Letter of Authority, in South Africa - NRCS Automotive assists importers, manufacturers and builders to import and register vehicles by issuing Letters of Authority.
- Library of America, an American publisher
- Library Oriented Architecture, a software engineering methodology
- Lines of Action, an abstract-strategy game
- Left occipito-anterior, a cephalic presentation in childbirth
Loa (Alani Ryan) is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. A mutant, Loa is a student at the Xavier Institute. She made her debut in New X-Men: Academy X #5.
Loa may refer to:
- Length overall, the length of a ship
- Loa, the spirits of the Vodoun religion practiced in Haiti
- Loa (Spanish play), an introductory theatrical piece
A loa is a short theatrical piece used to introduce a comedia in the Spanish Golden Age (Siglo de Oro) tradition for the purpose of setting the mood and capturing the interest of the audience. Loa literally means praise, it being customary to offer compliments to distinguished members of the audience, the town in which the play was performed, etc., in this type of playlet.
Usage examples of "loa".
Bin Ria Dem Loa Alem, was the child of the current partnership -- although the biological child of which woman, I never discovered -- and that he was dying of cancer.
Bin Ria Dem Loa Alem will be entitled to full medical care at the Pax base at Bombasino.
We were a strange procession -- Dem Ria and Dem Loa sweeping down the steep staircase ahead of me, then me carrying the flechette pistol and fumbling the rucksack on my back, then little Bin followed by his sister, Ces Ambre, then, carefully locking the trapdoor behind him, Alem Mikail Dem Alem.
Aenea was gone when Dem Ria, Dem Loa, and the trooper on guard came into the room.
Father Clifton was younger than I, short -- but not as short as Dem Ria or Dem Loa or her race -- and pudgy, with thinning, sandy hair receding from his friendly, flushed face.
Dem Loa and Ces Ambre were sweeping up the layers of fatigue clothing, body armor, and huge boots and stuffing them in a laundry bag.
But then, I realized, I probably would not last more than thirty seconds with Dem Loa or Dem Ria either.
Bettik and the others at Taliesin West, the old poet on Hyperion, Dem Loa and Dem Ria and their family on Vitus-Gray-Balianus B, Father Glaucus in the frozen air tunnels of Sol Draconi Septem, Cuchiat and Chiaku and Cuchtu and Chichticu and the other Chitchatuk on that same world -- Aenea had been sure that Father Glaucus and our Chitchatuk friends had been murdered after we left that world, although she had never explained how she could know that -- and I thought about others I had left behind, working my way back to my last sight of Grandam and the Clan members waving as I left for Home Guard service many years ago.
I was thinking about the people who had helped me on Vitus-Gray-Balianus B, Dem Ria, Dem Loa, and their families.
But as distasteful and disorienting as these descents into moral vacuum and mental nightmare were to me, they were balanced by a taste again of the warmth of such friends as Dem Loa, Dem Ria, Father Glaucus, Het Masteen, A.
Dorje Phamo and Dem Loa have already agreed to freecast here if needed.
Her husband Delmont made the dog walk behind the buckboard because the bastard hoped Papa Loa would die.
Papa Loa raised up, barking fiercely, but the man waved a hand and the dog fell silent and lay down, as if suddenly sleepy.
Ezri eased away from the grave, toward Papa Loa and the wagon, where she could see both of the giants.
Her feet fairly flew, Papa Loa matching speed beside her, and neither of them looked back.