Crossword clues for karr
KARR (1460 AM) is a radio station in Kirkland, Washington. The station primarily plays traditional Christian music and broadcasts to the Seattle metro area. It is a member of the Family Radio network.
Originally an AM daytimer--6am to sunset, it signed on as KYAC in 1965, and aired an urban format. In 1975, KYAC moved to 1250 AM, with 1460 becoming KILO, and aired an album rock format. In 1977, it became KGAA, a country music station owned by Monroe Broadcasting, a Spokane-based company that also owned that city's country station, KGA. In 1979, KGAA flipped to an MOR format. The station would be sold off that year to Community Communications of Gresham, Oregon. In 1983, the station was granted full-time 24 hours a day broadcast day by the FCC. The station would change its calls to KARR in 1984, and flipped to an adult standards format, utilizing the " Music of Your Life" network feed. In 1985, KARR went silent; the following September, KARR returned to the air as an affiliate of Family Radio, and would be owned Family Radio itself.
On February 12, 2014, Family Radio announced that KARR would suspend operations on February 28 due to the expiration of the lease at its transmitter location. KARR returned to the air with reduced power from a temporary transmitter site on February 23, 2015. Effective August 6, 2015, the station was sold to James A. Dalke, for a price of $3,000.
KARR may refer to:
- Barry Karr Executive Director for Center for Inquiry
- John Mark Karr, former suspect in the JonBenét Ramsey murder case
- Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr ( French critic, journalist and novelist)
- KARR (AM), a radio station (1460 AM) licensed to Kirkland, Washington, United States
- KARR (Knight Rider), character from the Knight Rider series
- Mary Karr American poet and memoirist
- Aurora Municipal Airport (Illinois) (ICAO code KARR)
- Mike Karr Crime busting attorney in The Edge of Night