Find the word definition

Wiktionary
fx

abbr. fax

Wikipedia
FX

FX, F-X, F/X, Fx, or fx may refer to:

FX (TV channel)

FX (originally an initialism of "Fox extended", suggesting " effects", and stylized as fX from 1994 to 1997) is an American basic cable and satellite television channel that is owned by FX Networks, LLC, owned by the Fox Entertainment Group subsidiary of 21st Century Fox. FX's programming primarily includes original drama and comedy series (which aspire to the standards of premium cable channels like HBO and Showtime, in regard to adult themes and higher-quality writing/directing/acting), and reruns of theatrically released feature films and "broadcast network" sitcoms.

As of July 2015, FX is available to approximately 94,006,000 pay television households (80.8% of households with at least one television set) in the United States. In addition to the flagship U.S. network, the "FX" name is licensed to a number of related pay television channels in various countries around the world.

FX (Italy)

FX was an Italian TV channel, which launched on May 21, 2006 in Italy on Sky Italia. It broadcast Italian and US movies and TV series. It also aired a selection of mystery-related documentaries after their passage on the National Geographic Channel, as well as some documentaries produced by the channel itself (e.g. Biancaneve, a report on the cocaine consumption in Central Europe).

Every weekend, the channel aired "Nocturama", a night-long marathon of top network TV series like Burn Notice and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Due to lowest ratings, the channel was closed on July 1, 2011, following a line-up restyling of Sky Italia. FX's satellite slot planned to host a new Fox International channel by Autumn 2011.

FX (comics)

FX is a six-issue comic book limited series written by creator Wayne Osborne and drawn by John Byrne. It is published by IDW Publishing. The series was the result of a lifelong comics fan living his dream by hiring a professional artist to bring his creation to life.

FX (magazine)

FX is an UK trade magazine for the contract interior design industry, published by Progressive MediaPublishing. It has an ABC audited circulation of 15,055.

FX magazine organises and promotes the annual FX Awards for contract designers and design projects, which are recognised by the Design Council as the leading awards for the contract interior design industry.

FX (Asia)

FX is an Asian entertainment TV channel, owned and produced by Fox International Channels and distributed by STAR TV. In IndiaFX (Asia) feed was replaced with FX India in September 2012 while some platforms still continues to air the original Asian feed.

FX (Greece)

FX was a television network, launched by the Fox International Channels, which launched on 31 December 2009. The channel was broadcasting in Cyprus too, with the same schedule to Greece.

The program included sci-fi series such as The X-Files and Battlestar Galactica, reality shows such as The Amazing Race animation such as The Simpsons and Family Guy, other series such as Law & Order and The Walking Dead, with new episodes for the first time in Greece and also new recent series such as Terra Nova and The Killing for the first time in Greece.

On 1 October 2012 FX has been relaunched as FOX under a brand new programming grid. Most of the following series, are broadcasting from FOX.

FX (Canada)

FX is a Canadian English-language Category B cable and satellite television specialty channel that is owned as a partnership between Rogers Media, a division of Rogers Communications (which owns a controlling 66.64% interest and serves as managing partner) and the FX Networks subsidiary of 21st Century Fox (which owns the remaining 33.36%). Based on the U.S. cable network of the same name, FX is devoted primarily to scripted dramas and comedies.

FX (India)

FX is an Indian entertainment TV channel, owned and produced by Fox International Channels and distributed by STAR India.