Crossword clues for zoysia
The Collaborative International Dictionary
n. any of a genus ((taxlink Zoysia genus noshow=1)) of creeping perennial grasses of southern Asia and New Zealand having fine wiry leaves and including some suitable for lawn grasses, especially in warm regions
n. any of several creeping grasses of the genus Zoysia
Zoysia is a genus of creeping grasses widespread across much of Asia as well as Australia and various islands in the Pacific. These species, commonly called zoysia or zoysiagrass, are found in coastal areas or grasslands. The genus is named after the Slovenian botanist Karl von Zois (1756–1799).Species
- Zoysia × forbesiana Traub - Japan - (Z. japonica × Z. matrella)
- Zoysia × hondana Ohwi - Japan - (Z. japonica × Z. macrostachya)
- Zoysia japonica Steud. - zenith zoysia - Japan (incl Bonin Is), Korea, China, Primorye; naturalized in India, North America, etc.
- Zoysia macrantha Desv. - Australia
- Zoysia macrostachya Franch. & Sav. - Japan, Korea, eastern China, Ryukyu Is
- Zoysia matrella (L.) Merr. - Southeast Asia, Japan, China, Indian Subcontinent, New Guinea, Queensland, Micronesia; naturalized in parts of Africa, North and South America, and assorted oceanic islands
- Zoysia minima (Colenso) Zotov - New Zealand
- Zoysia pauciflora Mez - North Island of New Zealand
- Zoysia seslerioides (Balansa) Clayton & F.R.Richardson - Vietnam
- Zoysia sinica Hance Japan, Korea, eastern China, Ryukyu Is
Usage examples of "zoysia".
She took a final glance at the ground to verify that her daughter would fall onto the thick zoysia below.
He seemed to be having trouble getting the sharp end of the pencils driven through the Zoysia turf.