WLS ( 890 kHz, "89 WLS") is a commercial AM radio station licensed to Chicago, Illinois. Owned by Cumulus Media, WLS has its studios in The Loop section of Chicago, and its non-directional broadcast tower is located on the southern edge of Tinley Park, Illinois.
WLS is a Class A station broadcasting on the clear-channel frequency of 890 kHz with 50,000 watts of power using C-QUAM AM Stereo. The station's daytime groundwave service contour covers portions of five states while at night its signal routinely reaches 38 states via skywave. The station's programming is also available to listeners in the Chicago metropolitan area with an HD Radio receiver via a simulcast on the HD2 subchannel of sister station WLS-FM.
Despite different owners, WLS and ABC owned-and-operated WLS-TV (Channel 7) maintain a strong partnership.
WLS may refer to:
- White light scanner, a device for measuring physical geometry
- WLS (AM), a radio station
- WLS-FM, a radio station
- WLS-TV, a television station
- DWLS, a radio station in Metro Manila, Philippines
- "World's Largest Store", a former slogan of Sears and the origin of the WLS radio and television call signs
- The Chapman code for the country of Wales
- Weight loss surgery
- Weighted least squares, in statistics, a method for model fitting
- Westchester Library System, in Westchester County, New York
- Oracle WebLogic Server, a Java application server
- Windows Live Spaces
- Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary, an American Lutheran seminary
- West London Synagogue
- WLS Stamping, a metal stamping and manufacturing company
- Whittier Law School
- Wntless Wnt ligand secretion mediator (WLS), also known as GPR177, a cell surface protein that is a receptor for Wnt proteins