Crossword clues for wapi
WAPI (1070 kHz, "Talk 99-5, Birmingham's Real Talk") is an AM radio station licensed to Birmingham, Alabama. It carries a talk radio format, simulcast with FM sister station 99.5 WZRR. WAPI is one of several Birmingham-area radio stations owned by Cumulus Media. It is also Central Alabama's radio home of the Auburn Tigers.
WAPI and WZRR have local talk shows during the day, but at night they carry nationally syndicated shows from Cumulus subsidiary Westwood One Network including Mark Levin, Michael Savage, Red Eye Radio and First Light. Most hours begin with national news from Westwood One News. WAPI and WZRR are among three talk radio AM-FM simulcasts in the Birmingham media market, the others being 960 WERC and 105.5 WERC-FM, owned by iHeartMedia, and 1260 WYDE and 101.1 WYDE-FM, owned by Crawford Broadcasting.
WAPI broadcasts in HD. The station has studios in Homewood and its transmitter is in Forestdale. WAPI's daytime power is 50,000 watts, non-directional, the maximum power for AM stations permitted by the Federal Communications Commission. Because AM 1070 is a clear channel frequency reserved for Class A KNX Los Angeles, WAPI must reduce power at night to 5,000 watts, using a directional antenna, as a Class B station.
WAPI may refer to:
- WAPI (AM), a radio station (1070 AM) licensed to Birmingham, Alabama, United States
- WVTM, a television station (channel 5) licensed to Birmingham, Alabama, United States, which held the call sign WAPI-TV from 1958 to 1980
- WJQX, a radio station (100.5 FM) licensed to Helena, Alabama, which held the call sign WAPI-FM from 2010 to 2013
- Warsteiner Premium Pilsener, a German beer
- Washington Asian Pacific Islander Community Services
- Water Pasteurization Indicator
- WLAN Authentication and Privacy Infrastructure, a Chinese national standard for wireless LANs
- Workflow APIs and Interchange Formats, a specification from the Workflow Management Coalition (WfMC)
- World Association of Professional Investigators