The Collaborative International Dictionary
Vap \Vap\ (v[a^]p), n. [See Vapid.] That which is vapid, insipid, or lifeless; especially, the lifeless part of liquor or wine. [Obs.]
In vain it is to wash a goblet, if you mean to put into
it nothing but the dead lees and vap of wine.
(initials of Video & Audio Project) is a Japanese entertainment company, headquartered in Chiyoda, Tokyo. It is a subsidiary of Nippon Television Holdings, Inc.
VAP may refer to:
- Venous access port, a medical port
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia, sub-type of hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP)
- Vertical auto profile, cholesterol, lipid and lipoprotein blood test
- Vapour Pressure Deficit, physical effect
- Vascular adhesion protein
- Vascular Anomaly Programme, related to Arteriovenous malformation, Hemangioma
- VAP (company), a Japanese entertainment company
- Véhicule d'Action dans la Profondeur, a military vehicle made by Panhard
- Voting age population, the set of individuals that have reached the minimum voting age
- Virtual Access Point, a method of using multiple BSSIDs on single physical Wireless access point
- the umbrella term for the conserved VAMP-associated protein, where VAMP stands for vesicle-associated membrane protein. Humans have two VAPs: VAPA and VAPB
Usage examples of "vap".
In another few seconds, he and Twelve would be vaped, and the destruction would be complete.
In addition to doing all his own flying—he vaped one interceptor—he seemed to be keeping track of all the Wraiths and their current opponents.
I got the impression that he'd been thinking of me as some sort of avenging monster who vaped people for screwups.
The old Dia would have vaped that target without a second's hesitation.
The third TIE fighter had nailed him with a good fuselage shot just before Wedge had vaped him, and his cockpit was now filling with smoke.
Wind this up as fast as you can and try not to get vaped in the process.
If you get vaped, it doesn't matter whether it happens while you're lying in a five-star hotel or a parking lot.
Biggs lit and vaped five, making him an ace, but another pilot claimed his number-three kill.
As a pilot, he's getting better and better and has vaped his share of the enemy we've faced.
While the pilots had been clearly green-a fact that 66 percent losses on their part made abundantly clear-their lasers still burned hot and could have vaped him had he not outflown them.