Crossword clues for unu
unu was a Romanian art magazine published from 1928 to 1935.
UNU or Unu may also refer to:
- United Nations University, the academic and research arm of the United Nations, established in 1973 and based in Tokyo, Japan
- University of Nottingham Students' Union, formerly called University of Nottingham Union
- Unnilunium (Unu), the IUPAC systematic name for chemical element 101, Mendelevium (symbol: Md)
- Unu River, Romania
- Unu, a fictional race in the Star Wars universe; see List of Star Wars races (U–Z)
- unu, a command-line utility for managing files in the nrrd format
- Oenoë (alternate spelling Unu), an Indonesian principality in Aceh
- UNU social platform
unu ( Romanian for "one"; lower case used on purpose) was the name of an avant-garde art and literary magazine, published in Romania from April 1928 to September 1935. Edited by writers Sașa Pană and Moldov, it was dedicated to Dada and Surrealism.
The first ten numbers were printed in Dorohoi, and the rest in Bucharest. The first issues were printed in 100 copies and the last in 500 copies. Issue 18 was never published and Issue 51 was never sold (being distributed in 50 copies to guests at Moldov's wedding).
In addition to contributions Pană and Moldov, the magazine published samples from the works of Romanian and foreign avant-garde authors alike. These include Geo Bogza, Urmuz, Stephan Roll, Ilarie Voronca, Tristan Tzara, Benjamin Fondane, André Breton, Robert Desnos and Paul Éluard. unu also published graphics from Surrealist artists such as Victor Brauner.