Crossword clues for tai
- "___-Pan" (1966 James Clavell novel)
- ___ chi chuan
- ___ chi (meditative exercise)
- __ chi ch'uan
- Tavern drink: mai ___
- Southeast Asian ethnicity
- SE Asian language family
- Pacific bream eaten as a delicacy
- Olympic skater Babilonia
- Of Thailand
- Mai ___, rum drink
- Mai ___ (tropical beverage)
- Lao's neighbor
- James Clavell's ''____-Pan''
- James Clavell novel "___-Pan"
- It comes before chi
- Clavell's '-- -Pan'
- Asian language family
- Asian faith
- ''Chi'' lead-in
- -- chi ch'uan
- ________ chi
- ___ chi (low-impact exercise)
- ___ chi (gentle martial art)
- ___ chi (exercise system)
- ___ chi (exercise method)
- ___ chi (Chinese martial art featuring slow movements)
- Word on a tiki-bar menu list
- Word before chi or after mai
- Unhip "Clueless" girl
- UFC fighter Tuivasa
- Thailand citizen
- Sushi-bar snapper
- Southeast Asian language group
- Seventh-century Chinese emperor __ Tsung
- SE Asian language group
- Red snapper, on a sushi menu
- Red snapper, at a sushi restaurant
- Red snapper on a sushi menu
- Red snapper for sushi
- Porgy of Japan
- Paddy-rice people
- Mao-___ (Chinese liquor)
- Mai follower
- Mai --- (drink)
- Mai __ (rum drink)
- Lead-in for wan, pei or chi
- Last half of a drink?
- Laos, Shan and Siamese
- Language-stock of Indo-China
- Language family including Lao and Shan
- Kung Fu ___ Chi
- Japanese porgy
- James Clavells ___-Pan
- James Clavell's '-- -Pan'
- It follows mai and precedes chi
- It comes after mai
- Ice skater Babilonia
- Former figure skater Babilonia
- Clavell's ' -Pan'
- Chow ___ Fook (jeweler)
- Chinese callisthenics, ... chi
- Burmese, perhaps
- Brittany Murphy's "Clueless" role
- Babilonia of skating
- 1976 Winter Olympics skater Babilonia
- "Clueless" role
- "Clueless" character who calls Cher "a virgin who can't drive."
- "Chi" preceder
- "Chi" intro
- "__-Pan": Clavell novel
- "___-Pan" (1966 novel)
- ''__-Pan'' (Clavell novel)
- --- chi chu'an
- --- chi ch'uan (martial art)
- --- chi ch'uan
- ____ chi ch'uan
- ___ Shan (National Zoo panda born in 2005)
- ___ Lung (villainous snow leopard in "Kung Fu Panda")
- ___ chi: martial art
- ___ chi, Oriental martial art
- ___ chi ch'uan (slow-moving martial art)
- ___ chi ch'uan (Chinese martial art)
- ___ chi ch'uan (Chinese exercise)
- ___ chi (type of exercise)
- ___ chi (meditative martial art)
- ___ chi (meditative discipline)
- ___ chi (meditation system)
- ___ chi (Chinese martial art featuring slow motions)
- ___ chi (Chinese exercise)
- ___ chi (Chinese exercise system)
- ___ chi (Chinese discipline)
- __ sushi: Japanese sea bream
- __ chi: Chinese martial art
- __ chi class
- Some aroma: it aids cocktail
- Meditative exercise
- _____ chi (meditative exercises)
- Clavell's "_____-Pan"
- Red _____ (sushi fish)
- _____ chi ch'uan
- Mai ________
- Skater Babilonia
- Randy's skating partner
- See 26-Down
- Randy's ice partner
- Popular sushi fish
- ___ chi ch'uan (martial art)
- Mai ___ (rum drink)
- ___ chi (martial art)
- ___chi ch'uan
- Half a bar order?
- Chi preceder
- Red ___ (sushi order)
- Red sushi fish
- Sushi fish
- Red ___ (Japanese food fish)
- Clavell's "___-Pan"
- Mai ___ (drink)
- Red ___ (sushi fish)
- James Clavell best seller "___-Pan"
- Mai ___ cocktail
- "___-Pan" (1966 best seller)
- Sea bream, in a sushi bar
- Mai ___ (tropical drink)
- Mai ___ (rum cocktail)
- See 27-Across
- Laotian language group
- James Clavell's "___-Pan"
- Mount ___, sacred Chinese site
- ___ sabaki (martial arts movement)
- "___-Pan" (James Clavell novel that preceded "Shogun")
- Mai ___ (bar order)
- Mai ___ (cocktail)
- A native or inhabitant of Thailand
- The most widespread and best known of the Kadai family of languages
- Bangkok man
- Pacific porgy
- Japanese fish
- Randy's rink partner
- Southeast Asian language family
- ___ chi (meditation system) (3)
- ___ chi (Oriental martial art)
- Native of Thailand
- Bangkok native
- A Southeast Asian
- Ice-skating champ Babilonia
- People of SE Asia
- Bangkok dweller
- Asian language group
- ___ Babilonia, figure-skating star
- Asian people: Var
- Far East tongue
- Japanese food fish
- Native of an Asian country
- Lake west of Shanghai
- Laotian neighbor
- Southern Chinese people
- Randy's rink-mate
- A language in Bangkok
- Lake near Shanghai
- ___ chi (self-defense system)
- Red porgy
- Asian native
- Siamese: Var
- Language establishing an audible bond
- __ chi (martial art)
- "Chi" lead-in
- Mai --- (rum drink)
- -- chi (martial art)
- ___ chi (martial art form)
- Clavell's "__-Pan"
- Word after mai or before chi
- "___-Pan" (Clavell novel)
- Mai ___ (rum-based beverage)
- ___ Chi (Chinese martial art)
- Word before "chi" and after "mai"
- "___-Pan" (James Clavell novel)
- __ chi: martial art
- Pacific fish
- Half a drink?
- Chi lead-in
- --- Chi (Chinese martial art)
- ___ chi chu'an
- Word before "chi" or after "mai"
- Siamese citizen
- Red ___ (food fish of Japan)
- Figure skater Babilonia
- Citizen of Thailand
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Tai \Tai\ (t[aum]"[-e]), a. Designating, or pertaining to, the chief linguistic stock of Indo-China, including the peoples of Siamese and Shan speech. It includes the Thai language.
Tai \Tai\, n. A member of one of the tribes of the Tai stock.
The Tais first appeared in history in Yunnan, and from
thence they migrated into Upper Burma. The earliest
swarms appear to have entered that tract about two
thousand years ago, and were small in number.
--Census of India, 1901.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
group of people of related ethnicity and language in Southeast Asia, including the Thai, Lao, and Shan, from tai, literally "free."
TAI may refer to:
- IATA airport code for Ta'izz International Airport
- ICAO code for TACA International Airlines
- Transports Aériens Intercontinentaux, a now defunct French airline
- International Atomic Time (French: Temps atomique international)
- Thai Airways International
- The Academy Is..., a rock band
- The Australia Institute, a leftwing think tank
- Toshiba America, Inc.
- Turkish Aerospace Industries, Inc (TUSAŞ Havacılık ve Uzay Sanayi A.Ş.)
- 5-Trifluoromethyl-2-aminoindan, a psychoactive drug and serotonin releasing agent
- Technical analysis indicator
Tai is a fictional character in the Marvel Comics universe. A Cambodian, Tai was something of a mentor for the New Warriors in the first 25 issues of their first series.
The Tai are a Muslim community found in the state of Gujarat in India. There is also a large diaspora in the city of Karachi in Pakistan.
Tai ( Chinese: or , Tái) was a former settlement in China during the Xia dynasty. It was located at the site of present-day Wugong in Shaanxi.
It was the ancestral home of the Ji clan, the future dynasty of Zhou. The Xia director of agriculture Buzhu removed his clan from there when he left his office and moved to live among the nomadic Rong and Di tribes.
In the late Han, Dong Zhuo was said to have been created Marquis of Tai ( t , s , Táixiāng Hóu).
Tai (born November 4, 1968) is an Asian elephant best known for playing Bo Tat in the film Operation Dumbo Drop (1995), Vera in Larger than Life (1996) and Rosie in Water for Elephants (2011). Tai is owned by Have Trunk Will Travel, Inc., a privately funded organization that generates income through elephant rides, shows and events, as well as film and commercial appearances.
Usage examples of "tai".
Chiao Tai had taken part in the previous campaign of 661 as a capTain over hundred.
Chiao Tai, because my real family name is well and honorably known in a cerTain part of the empire.
Chiao Tai pulled his neckcloth over his nose and mouth so as not to soil the blade with his breath.
WHEN the four men were approaching the west gate, Chiao Tai remarked on the low walls and the modest twostoried gatehouse.
He took his seat behind the high bench, and motioned Ma Joong and Chiao Tai to stand behind his chair.
Ma Joong and Chiao Tai would supervise the constables and the guards and be responsible for the discipline, and for the guardhouse and the jail.
Back in his private office judge Dee told Ma Joong and Chiao Tai to inspect the guardhouse and the jail.
He shook his head sadly, then quickly emptied the wine cup which Chiao Tai pushed over to him.
When they had finished their bowls to the last drop, Chiao Tai rose and groped in his sleeve.
The one-armed man protested energetically, but Chiao Tai clapped his shoulder and they left.
Having given his robes to Chiao Tai, he stepped out of his boots and lowered himself into the water.
Then he joined Chiao Tai under the porch and rubbed himself dry with his neckcloth.
He crawled under the low roofmat, and Ma Joong and Chiao Tai squatted down by his side.
Ma Joong motioned a plump girl with a pleasant round face to his side, and Chiao Tai started a conversation with the fourth.
The girl opened one of the doors that lined it and motioned Chiao Tai to go inside.