Crossword clues for selle
n. (obsolete spelling of sell English)
The Selle (also spelt Celle in the Oise) is a river of Picardy, France. Rising at Catheux, just north of Crèvecœur-le-Grand, Oise, it flows past Conty, Saleux, Salouël and Pont-de-Metz before joining the Somme River at Amiens.
In many places along its course, the river widens to form or fill lakes, much appreciated by anglers and gravel extractors. Several water-powered mills can still be seen including a paper-mill at Prouzel. Brown trout thrive in the clear waters of the river.
The Selle (also spelt "Celle") is a river of Picardy, in France.
Selle may also refer to:
- Pic la Selle, a mountain in Haiti
- La Selle-Guerchaise, a commune in the Ille-et-Vilaine department, France
- La Selle-Craonnaise, a commune in the Mayenne department, France
- La Selle-en-Luitré, a commune in the Ille-et-Vilaine department, France
- La Selle-en-Coglès, a commune in the Ille-et-Vilaine department, France
- Željne, Slovenia, formerly known as Selle
Usage examples of "selle".
As that was going on, Chief Davenport and Lieutenant Selle were seen laughing as they stood over the body of the attacker .
Avant de monter en selle, Novelli demanda au tavernier le plus court chemin pour atteindre Naurouze.
Sono state inserite nei tappeti, incise nelle selle, dipinte nelle decorazioni murali, scolpite nelle testiere dei letti, tessute negli indumenti.