Oskava is a village and municipality ( obec) in Šumperk District in the Olomouc Region of the Czech Republic. Oskava is named for the Oskava River, which runs through the village. The first written mention of Oskava appears to be from around 1344 C.E. according to Oskava's website.
The municipality covers an area of , and has a population of 1,376 (as at 28 December 2011). Oskava is home to the historic Castle Rabštejn, a small primary school founded in 1779, and several small businesses.
Oskava lies approximately south-east of Šumperk, north of Olomouc, and east of Prague.
Oskava is a river in the Olomouc Region of the Czech Republic, left tributary of the Morava river. Its length is 50.4 km and its drainage basin covers 571.8 km. The mean annual discharge at its mouth is 3.53 m/s.
The Oskava originates from southeast slope of Kamenná hora in Hrubý Jeseník, 215 meters above sea level.
The river is surrounded by woods in upper reaches, flows through hills of Nízký Jeseník in middle reaches and its lower reaches is situated in swampy floodplain of Litovelské Pomoraví Protected Landscape Area. The Oskava empties into Morava near Olomouc.
The Oskava is used as a source of water for two ponds – Dolní Libina Pond and Šumvald Pond.