Crossword clues for obe
- Honor bestowed by Queen Eliz
- Eng. honor since 1917
- UK award for chivalry
- British decoration
- UK honor
- Award bestowed by The Queen, for short
- U. K. decoration
- Greek clan division
- British award
- Br. Empire decoration
- 2008 honor for Joe Cocker: Abbr
- West Indies magic ritual: Var
- UK Order of excellence
- UK decoration
- UK citizenship award
- U.K. medal
- Royal order, briefly
- Royal order, abbr
- Relative of D.S.O
- Queen's honour, for short
- JK Rowling title
- Important British order
- Honour in the UK
- Honour given to J.K. Rowling
- Honour declined by George Harrison: Abbr
- Honour bestowed by HRH
- Honorary U.K. title
- Honor for James Corden and Frank Lampard: Abbr
- Honor bestowed by HRH
- English svc. award
- Decoration in G.B
- British order: Abbr
- British honour
- British honor: Abbr
- Brit's honorary title won by J. K. Rowling and Hugh Laurie: Abbr
- Br. honour
- Award estab. by King George V
- Award declined by David Bowie and Nigella Lawson: Abbr
- Award bestowed to Jimmy Page in 2005: Abbr
- 2007 honor for Hugh Laurie: Abbr
- "Most Excellent" U.K. award
- Brit. decoration
- Brit. award for Lester Pearson
- U.K. award
- Honor bestowed by Eliz.
- Medal bestowed by Eliz. II
- Award for a knight: Abbr.
- Award bestowed by Queen Eliz.
- Award for a lord?: Abbr.
- Brit. honor
- Honour given to J. K. Rowling: Abbr.
- Eng. award
- Honor from Queen Eliz.
- Overseas honour: Abbr.
- 2001 honor for J. K. Rowling
- It's an honour: Abbr.
- U.K. honor
- Award bestowed by a queen: Abbr.
- Honour given to Joan Collins: Abbr.
- Decoration from Eliz. II
- U.K. bestowal
- U.K. honour
- Honour for J. K. Rowling
- Honor bestowed by Queen Eliz.
- Honor bestowed by 53-Down
- Honor for Harry Potter's creator: Abbr.
- It's an honour, in brief
- Honour bestowed by Queen Elizabeth: Abbr.
- Knighthood letters
- Award accepted by J. K. Rowling and turned down by C. S. Lewis
- Honour bestowed by the queen, for short
- Queen's honour: Abbr.
- Laconian clan subdivision
- Relative of D.S.O.
- "___ some other name!": Juliet
- U.K. decoration
- Decoration in G.B.
- Eng. title
- Award bestowed by Queen Eliz
- Award bestowed by a queen: Abbr
- Honour given to J. K. Rowling: Abbr
The Collaborative International Dictionary
init. 1 Officer of the Order of the British Empire 2 Office of Bilingual Education 3 Office of Business Economics (US) 4 Operating-Basis Earthquake 5 Oregon Board of Education 6 Ottawa Board Of Education 7 Out of Body Experience 8 Out of Buggy Experience (Powerkiting slang) 9 Outcome-Based Education 10 overcome / overtaken by events (i.e., now obsolete)
OBE is a post-nominal for "Officer of the Order of the British Empire", a grade in the Order of the British Empire.
Obe may also refer to a geographical area:
- Obe (Afghanistan) (also known as Obwi or Obeh), a town in Herat Province, Afghanistan
- Obe District, a district in the northeast of Herat Province, Afghanistan
OBE may also be an initialism for:
- Off-budget enterprise, a type of government body
- Open Back-End, the accessibility of a software application's underlying software or data
- Original Black Entertainment TV, British-based television network that operated between 2003 and 2011
- Ottawa Board of Education, the public school board for Ottawa, Canada
- Out-of-body experience, an altered state of sensory perception
- Out-of-box experience, an aspect of consumer experience of a product
- Outcome-based education, an educational philosophy
Usage examples of "obe".
The Navy brass are hamstrung by their own fear and preconceptions about psychology, which Obe and Ramsey find easy enough to play on.
Ilriscilla blusbeb, but obe was tiecriettig pleaseb, for obe coulb not help but notice that Ntirt bab a uilrtl large plow.
Pascal himself made, remarks to which Obe had listened with a tight set face.
While she stood obe diently, he put it around her slim throat, secured the clasp, and settled it into place.
Nooz Wana, the Whelmer of Ships, and from the Straits of Pondar Obed I am come, wherein it is my wont to vex the seas.
Obed Hussey, I saw, was tall and broad shouldered: as fine looking a boy as would be encountered in a month of Sundays, except for the beard on his face and the raggedness of his clothes.
Jesse explained while Obed Hussey busied himself in spreading his blanket in the middle of the Cachot floor.
The worthy Obed tells us, that in the early times of the whale fishery, ere ships were regularly launched in pursuit of the game, the people of that island erected lofty spars along the seacoast, to which the look-outs ascended by means of nailed cleats, something as fowls go upstairs in a hen-house.
Into town in the fall of 1973 comes Joel-Andrew, a miracle-working itinerant preacher, and his dancing cat Obed, fluent in several languages.
In Pollard's boat were his boatsteerer, Obed Hendricks, along with their fellow Nantucketers Barzillai Ray, Owen Coffin, and Charles Ramsdell, and the African American Samuel Reed.
Obed Marsh he had three ships afloat - brigantine Columby, brig Hefty, an' barque Sumatry Queen.
Obed Marsh he had three ships afloat - - brigantine Columby, brig Hefty, an' barque Sumatry Queen.
Tida let the pepper strips fall into her lap and obe- diently took a cheese puff.
They thought what they'd got was well wuth all they'd had to give up - an' I guess Obed kind o' come to think the same hisself when he'd chewed over old Walakea's story a bit.
They thought what they'd got was well wuth all they'd had to give up - - an' I guess Obed kind o' come to think the same hisself when he'd chewed over old Walakea's story a bit.