n. (plural of nop English)
Nops or NOPS may refer to:
- Nops (spider), a genus of spider of the family Caponiidae
- Gymnallabes nops, a species of catfish
- Jerry Nops (1875—1937), American baseball player
- Middlesbrough Ironopolis F.C.
- New Orleans Public Schools
- Nokian Palloseura
Nops is a genus of medium-sized caponiid spider native to South America, Central America, and the Caribbean islands. The genus currently counts 27 extant species plus one fossil in Dominican amber, but probably the real number of extant species is greater. Nops have a great richness on the Caribbean islands (14 species). Even species of Central America (4) and South America (15) are located in high proportion toward the area of the Caribbean Sea. Most species of South America are known only from the coast of Colombia and Venezuela, including the islands of Aruba, Curaçao, Bonaire and Trinidad. The genus is not revised yet, but apparently have a Neotropical distribution.