Crossword clues for nell
- ___ Gwyn, mistress of Charles II
- Dickens heroine
- Little ___, Dickens girl
- Charles II's mistress
- Emmy- and Tony-winning Carter
- "Ain't Misbehavin'" star Carter
- Dickens's "little" girl
- Carter of sitcomdom
- Mistress of Charles II
- Dudley Do-Right's girlfriend
- Dickens heroine ___ Trent
- 1994 Jodie Foster role
- "Little" Dickens character
- Dudley Do-Right's heartthrob
- Dudley's love, in cartoons
- Nagg's wife in Samuel Beckett's "Endgame"
- Dickens heroine Trent
- Dickens protagonist surnamed Trent
- "Little" heroine of Dickens's "The Old Curiosity Shop"
- Dudley Do-Right's love
- "The Old Curiosity Shop" heroine
- Dickensian orphan
- Little Dickens girl
- 1994 Jodie Foster film
- Carter of "Gimme a Break"
- "The Old Curiosity Shop" girl
- Dickens girl
- "Little" Dickens girl
- Actress Carter
- Title role for Jodie Foster
- 1994 Jodie Foster title role
- Dudley Do-Right's beloved
- Jodie Foster film
- Carter of sitcoms
- Paramour of England's Charles II
- Tony-winning Carter
- Dickens orphan
- 1994 film based on the play "Idioglossia"
Nell is a 1994 American drama film starring Jodie Foster as a young woman who has to face other people for the first time after being raised by her mother in an isolated cabin. The film also co-starred Liam Neeson, Natasha Richardson, Richard Libertini, and Nick Searcy. The film was directed by Michael Apted, and was based on Mark Handley's play Idioglossia. The original music score is composed by Mark Isham. Foster was nominated for an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award for her role. She also won the first Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Actress.
The film was given a limited release on December 16, 1994, before expanding into wide release on December 23, 1994.
Nell ( Hangul: 넬) is a Korean indie rock band. Formed in 2001, the band consists of Kim Jong-wan on vocals, guitar and keyboard, Lee Jae-kyong on lead guitar, Lee Jung-hoon on bass guitar and Jung Jae-won on drum. The group was named after the movie, Nell, that starred Jodie Foster. The band is known for their gloomy and psychedelic sound, and gained their fame with tracks like "Stay" from Let It Rain, "Thank You" from Walk Through Me, "Good Night" from Healing Process and "기억을 걷는 시간" (Time Walking On Memory) from Separation Anxiety. Their third studio album Healing Process was chosen as one of five best recordings of the year by critics from South Korea. Nell's fourth studio album Separation Anxiety was a hit in South Korea, ranking number one in various album charts.
Nell is a traditional nickname for Eleanor. Nell is the name of: __TOC__
Nell is a feminine given name and occasionally a surname. Nell may also refer to:
- Nell Island, in the Kwajalein Atoll of the Marshall Islands
- Nell, Kentucky, a small town in the United States
- Nell (film), a 1994 drama starring Jodie Foster
- Nell (band), a South Korean indie rock band
- "Nell", Allied reporting name for the Japanese World War II Mitsubishi G3M bomber
- "Nell", the name of Robert Goddard's first successful liquid-fuel rocket
- Never-Ending Language Learning, a semantic machine learning system
Usage examples of "nell".
Nell came out, nine-tenths of a ton of daintiness, and rumbled admonitorily at Nugget, who trailed her closely.
He had hardly remonstrated when there had been a dispute about the possession of his person, and Bunty had clung to his head and body while Nell pulled vigorously at his legs.
These are the lights in Cheadle House, The Flat, High Street, Dornoch IV25 3SH, where Nell and I will spend the summer.
We cut behind the cathedral to the High Street, where Nell gets her first glimpse of the bookshop and Cheadle House.
The idea of Harold steering his mother from the baboons to the sea lions, from the coypu pond to the zebra house, pulling her gently out of the way of supercilious camels with sticky children on their backs was, to Nell, infinitely touching.
Nell had dubbed the Generalissima, issued a lengthy series of orders, running to each of the four edges of the table to address different contingents of the Mouse Army.
Monk, Ham, Renny, Johnny, Nell Grunow, Blasted John Davis and Hurrah Stevens were prisoners.
Nell and I are hardly mavens of medieval church architecture, but we find this one surprisingly light and suffused with an unexpected warmth.
Nether soon and force his nobles and knights to honor their oaths to him, then he might as well stay here in the forests of Nold, an exile forever.
That meant the hunters were Mandrian, for no one in Nold hunted with such noise and fanfare.
Did I not expressly forbid you and the others to enter the Nold forest?
If he is a monster of Nold, then he belongs to no one and should be fair game.
Any travelers venturing forth from Nold into Mandria had to do the same, plus have all their goods searched and accounted for.
Gavril had listened to tales of danger, battles to repress raiders, commerce, adventure, good hunting, and how Thirst stood as a beacon of light and truth against the pagan darkness of Nold and other lands.
He had no quarrel with the people of Nold, and he did not believe the dwarves would harm him.