Lomonosov may refer to:
- Lomonosov (surname)
- Lomonosov, Russia (formerly Oranienbaum), a town in Russia
- Lomonosov State University, university in Moscow Russia
- Lomonosovfonna, ice cap on Spitsbergen, Svalbard
- Lomonosov Bridge in Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Lomonosov Ridge in the Arctic Ocean
- Lomonosov Current in the Atlantic Ocean
- Lomonosov diamond mine in Russia
- Lomonosov Gold Medal, annual award given by the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Lomonosov Group, volcanic group in the Kuril Islands
- Lomonosov Mountains in Antarctica
- Akademik Lomonosov, Russian non-self-propelled vessel
Lomonosov is a lunar crater that is located just behind the western limb of the Moon. It is almost attached to the east-northeastern outer rim of the larger crater Joliot, and overlies the southern rim of Maxwell. Attached to the southern rim of Lomonosov is the smaller Edison.
The interior floor of Lomonosov has been resurfaced with lava flows, leaving a dark, level surface marked only by a few tiny craterlets and some streaks of ray material from Giordano Bruno. Only the lowest portion of the interior is flooded, however, and much of the inner wall of the rim remains uncovered. The inner wall is narrower along the northern edge where the crater overlies Maxwell. There is also slumped material along the base of the inner wall.
This crater was formally named in 1961 by the IAU.
Lomonosov is a medium crater on Mars, with a diameter close to 150 km. It is located in the Martian northern plains north of the planet's equator. Since it is large and found close (65.9° north) to the boundary between the Mare Acidalium quadrangle and the Mare Boreum quadrangle, it is found on both maps. The topography is smooth and young in this area, hence Lomonosov is easy to spot on large maps of Mars.
The crater was named in 1973 in honour of Mikhail V. Lomonosov.
Image:Lomonosov Crater.JPG|Lomonosov Crater with polygonial patterned ground, as seen with Mars Global Surveyor.
Lomonosov is a Russian masculine surname, its feminine counterpart is Lomonosova. It may refer to
- Mikhail Lomonosov (1711–1765), Russian polymath and writer
- Sergey Lomonosov (1799–1857), Russian diplomat
- Yury Lomonosov (1876–1952), Russian railway engineer