Crossword clues for lod
Lod (; ; Greco-Latin: Lydda, Diospolis, Ancient Greek: Λύδδα / Διόσπολις - city of Zeus) is a mixed Jewish-Arab city southeast of Tel Aviv in the Center District of Israel. At the end of 2012, it had a population of 71,060.
The name is derived from the Biblical city of Lod, and it was a significant Judean town from the Maccabean Period to the early Christian period. During the 1948 Arab–Israeli War most of the city's Arab inhabitants were expelled in the 1948 Palestinian exodus from Lydda and Ramle. The town was resettled by Jewish immigrants, most of them from Arab countries, alongside 1,056 Arabs who remained.
Israel's main international airport, Ben Gurion International Airport (previously known as Lydda Airport, RAF Lydda, and Lod Airport) is located on the outskirts of the city.
Lod is a city in Israel. Lod, LOD and LoD may also refer to:
- Law of Demeter, a design guideline for developing software.
- Lawrence O'Donnell, Jr., a political analyst, TV producer, and actor.
- Legacy of Darkness (disambiguation), various
- The Legend of Dragoon, a PlayStation role-playing game.
- Legion of Doom (disambiguation), multiple uses
- Length on deck, a measurement of a ship over the deck from forward deck to the transom.
- Length of day
- LOD, the length of a mean solar day in a uniform time scale such as International Atomic Time; see ΔT.
- Letter of demand (of payment), an instrument in debt collection
- Level of detail, a computer graphics technique to adapt the detail of the displayed 3D object to the user needs.
- Limit of detection
- Line of dance in Ballroom
- Linking Open Data
- LOD score, logarithm of odds.
- Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, an official expansion to the computer game Diablo II.
- Loss on Drying
- Lod is the Lombardan name of the city Lodi, Lombardy, and the Province of Lodi, in Italy.
- Lod Veg' is the Lombardan name of Lodi Vecchio, an Italian commune besides Lodi.
- Last order date a milestone in Product Life Cycle
- Lod (crater) a crater in the Oxia Palus quadrangle of Mars.
Lod is a crater in the Oxia Palus quadrangle of Mars, located at 21.2° N and 31.6° W. It is 7.5 km in diameter and was named after a town in Israel.
Lod is famous for showing clear evidence that it was affected by floods of water from Maja Valles on Mars.
Usage examples of "lod".
Eli had had a lot of friends in LOD, the original LOD, back before Goggans took control.
That, Loding had said, had gone out with bustles, and Latchetts had never had a butler, anyhow.
Lod and give him the new flight plan and departure time, not to mention the fact that you both think Rish had the primary tactical frequency.
On LoD's own favorite board of the moment, "Black Ice," LoD members bragged that they themselves could have done all the Chaos break-ins in a week flat!
LoD members bragged that they themselves could have done all the Chaos break-ins in a week flat!
There are paper mills, tanneries, distilleries, oil factories, watch factories on a large scale, steel mills, copper works, twenty iron foundries at least, four of which, situated at Lods, at Chatillon, at Audincourt, and at Beure, are tolerably large.
The frightening thing about the members of the Japanese Red Brigade who machine-gunned passengers at Lod airport, or the Italian terrorists who burst into a university classroom and shot the professor in the legs - alleging that he was teaching his students ‘.
The frightening thing about the members of the Japanese Red Brigade who machine-gunned passengers at Lod airport, or the Italian terrorists who burst into a university classroom and shot the professor in the legs - alleging that he was teaching his students ‘bourgeois values’ - is that they were not criminal lunatics but sincere idealists.
Yes, because Lod is Luk, the enhanced version, the primary DNA having been revised and corrected to produce a second synthetic man, superficially an exact replication, but with all features heightened: he's stronger, swifter, smarter, and also meaner, moodier, and madder.
Those which follow: lods, rentes, quint, requint belong to the taxes levied on real property.