Crossword clues for liv
- Tyler of "The Lord of the Rings"
- Tyler of "Jersey Girl"
- Roman numeral that's also a name
- Disney Channel's "___ and Maddie"
- Ullmann of films
- IX x VI
- Actress whose anni match her nomen in '92
- Ullmann from Norway
- Ingmar's protégée
- Novel by Kathleen Coyle
- Learned role on "The Waltons"
- Year Claudius I died
- An Ingmar protégée
- Ingmar protégée
- Actress Ullmann
- Year Claudius died
- Start of Nero's reign
- Actress Tyler of 90's films
- Ullmann of moviedom
- Fifty-four, to Flavius
- Actress Tyler
- Year in Nero's reign
- 54, in old Rome
- Tyler of "Armageddon"
- Roman 54
- Tyler of "The Incredible Hulk"
- Apt name for a fiftyish Roman woman?
- Tyler of "Stealing Beauty"
- Actress Tyler of "Armageddon"
adj. being four more than fifty [syn: fifty-four, 54]
LIV or Liv may refer to:
- 54 (number) in Roman numerals
- Liv (given name), a given name
- The Law Institute of Victoria
- The Lexikon der indogermanischen Verben ("Lexicon of the Indo-European Verbs")
- Line-item veto
- Liv (TV channel), a Finnish TV channel
- Liv, a Latin American TV channel now known as Investigation Discovery
- Liv (album), a 1971 album by Livingston Taylor
- Liv (film), a 1967 Norwegian film by Pål Løkkeberg
- Liverpool Lime Street railway station, England; National Rail station code LIV.
- Wilder's law of initial value in statistics
- LiV DASH, a lithium-ion battery powered vehicle made by Hybrid Technologies
- Liv Glacier, Antarctic glacier from Barnum Peak and draining north
- Stefan Liv (1980–2011), a Polish-born Swedish professional ice hockey goaltender
- Low information voter
Liv is singer-songwriter Livingston Taylor's second album, released in 1971. Its eleven tracks include ten of Taylor's own compositions, and a cover version of " On Broadway".
Liv is a Finnish television owned and operated by Nelonen. Liv started broadcasting on 14 February 2009 and it is especially designed for women viewers, featuring series such as Arvostele Mun Illallinen Suomessa, Kumman kaa , Äitien sota and Suomen täydelliset venäläisnaiset.
Liv is a 1967 Norwegian drama film directed by Pål Løkkeberg. It was entered into the 17th Berlin International Film Festival.
Liv is the fourth episode of series 5 of the UK TV series Skins, which first aired on 17 February 2011 on E4. It focuses on the character Olivia "Liv" Malone ( Laya Lewis), and features Liv as she attempts to deal with her feelings for her friend, Mini's ( Freya Mavor) boyfriend, Nick Levan ( Sean Teale), and Mini's increasingly hostile treatment of her, only to find herself hanging out with Nick's brother, Matty ( Sebastian de Souza).
"Liv" is the eighth episode of the sixth series of the British teen drama Skins. It premiered on E4 in the UK on 12 March 2012. The episode is told from the point of view of character Liv Malone.
Liv has been partying with her new best friend Alex ever since he arrived in Bristol, but then he disappears for a dirty weekend just when Liv needs him most. She reaches out to her other friends, but finds she is excluded from their lives. With nobody to turn to in her hour of need, Liv is forced to face up to the choices she's made and isn't quite as strong as she believed.
LIV is a Swedish/American band consisting of artists Lykke Li, Andrew Wyatt, Pontus Winnberg, Björn Yttling, and Jeff Bhasker. Liv is the Swedish word for "life". The band first appeared in April 2016 at a private party in Los Angeles. Lykke Li described the band as “the love child of ABBA and Fleetwood Mac.”. The band made their second appearance at the Spotify Symposium conference in Stockholm, Sweden on June 10, 2016. Li, Wyatt, Winnberg and Yttling are also founding members of Swedish artist collective INGRID.
Liv is a Norwegian mostly female given name derived from the Old Norse "hlíf", which means "shelter" or "protection"; in modern Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish it is also homophonous with the word "liv" meaning "life."
In Norse mythology, Líf and Lífþrasir (Old Norse masculine name from líf and þrasir), were two humans foretold to survive Ragnarök and to repopulate the world.
Liv may refer to:
- Gerd-Liv Valla (born 1948), leader of the Norwegian Confederation of Trade Unions
- Jacob Liv Borch Sverdrup (1775–1841), Norwegian educator and farmer
- Liv Aasen (born 1928), Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Liv Andersen (1919–1997), Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Liv Arnesen (born 1953), Norwegian cross-country skier, adventurer, guide, and motivational speaker
- Liv Boeree (born 1984), poker player, TV presenter, and model from England
- Liv Dommersnes (1922–2014), Norwegian actress and reciter of poetry
- Liv Gjølstad (born 1945), Norwegian judge
- Liv Grete Skjelbreid Poirée (born 1974), Norwegian biathlete
- Liv Heløe (born 1963), Norwegian actress and writer
- Liv Jensen, Norwegian luger who competed in the late 1930s
- Liv Køltzow (born 1945), Norwegian novelist, playwright, biographer and essayist
- Liv Kristine (born 1976), the former vocalist for the band Theatre of Tragedy and current vocalist for the band Leaves' Eyes
- Liv Løberg (born 1949), Norwegian practical nurse, organization leader and politician for the Progress Party
- Liv Lindeland (born 1945), Norwegian model and actress
- Liv Mildrid Gjernes (born 1954), Norwegian artist
- Liv Monica Stubholt (born 1961), politician, investment director for Aker Clean Carbon
- Liv Nysted (1949–2010), Norwegian writer
- Liv Paulsen (1925–2001), Norwegian 100 metres sprinter and shot putter
- Liv Sandven (born 1946), Norwegian politician from the Christian Democratic Party
- Liv Signe Navarsete (born 1958), the Norwegian Minister of Local Government and Regional Development and leader of the Center Party
- Liv Strædet (born 1964), former Norwegian football player who played for Norway women's national football team
- Liv Stubberud (born 1930), Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Liv Thorsen (born 1935), Norwegian actress
- Liv Tomter (1901–1978), Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Liv Tyler (born 1977), American actress and model
- Liv Ullmann (born 1938), Norwegian actress and film director
- Liv Kjersti Eikeland (born 1979), Norwegian biathlete
- Tove Liv Veierød (born 1940), Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Liv Rooney, one of the main characters of the Disney Channel sitcom Liv and Maddie
Usage examples of "liv".
For the past five years, Liv had been working hard to convince herself that the image was fact.
The look he aimed at Liv was as direct and uncompromising as the look he had aimed at the television screen.
From the corner of her eye, Liv watched Thorpe move out of camera range to stand by the door.
It was a blunt question, but it wasn't the verbal answer Liv looked for as much as the reaction in the eyes of the man she asked.
After passing the mike to the soundman, Liv followed Dell and Thorpe outside.
The receptionist outside the fifth-floor offices rose as Liv dashed through.
From the first time she had met him face to face, Liv had recognized a man she would need to keep at a distance.
Infuriated, Liv started to rise, but his hands came down firmly on hers.
He walked into the kitchen and leaned on the door as Liv added water to a crystal bud vase.
Myra said sweetly, interrupting her friend's impassioned speech with a smile for Liv, "that's a perfectly stunning dress.
It was obvious, Liv thought, smiling to herself, that Myra was a woman who didn't like to miss anything.
After a close, thorough study of his face, Liv could have sworn he was completely serious.
Stunned by her completely uninhibited response, Liv pulled out of his arms.
While he signaled a roving concessionaire, Liv leaned against the railing in front of her and studied the field.
Too young for balls, ambivalent about dresses, Liv had been bored to distraction.