Crossword clues for lina
- Wertmüller who directed "The Seduction of Mimi"
- Soprano Cavalieri, a contemporary of Caruso
- Novelist Ethel ____ White
- Jean Hagen's "Singin' in the Rain" role
- Filmmaker WertmÃ¼ller
- Esco of TV's "S.W.A.T."
- Director Wertmller
- Chinese tennis star who has won both the French and Australian Opens
- Caruso contemporary Cavalieri
- 2011 French Open champ
Lina is a common female given name in Sweden, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, especially among those born after 1980. In 2011 it was one of the most popular female given names in Germany. It was initially used as a shortened form of names such as Karolina, Nikolina, Adelina, Evelina and Paulina. Since "-lina" is a diminutive suffix, it has no meaning of its own in Swedish. The Danish and Norwegian form is " Line".
Lina is also a short form of any female name ending in "-lina", such as Angelina, Evangelina, Carolina, Melina.
Lina is the female form of Linas, a common given name among people of Lithuanian descent. It can also be construed as a rare feminine form of Linus.
In the Russian language, Lina is a diminutive form of the female name Avelina.
In Arabic "Lina" (لينة) refers to a small, young palm tree. It means "tender" or "tenderness". In Greek it refers to the olive crown used for the hero.
The name Lina also has roots in France and China. In Chinese, "Li" ( 丽) means "pretty" and "Na" ( 娜) means "elegant".
LINA was a piece of open-source software that enabled users to run applications compiled for Linux under Windows and Mac OS X with a native look and feel. Version 1.00 beta1 was released in October 2009 and was available at the Open Lina web site. However, that domain is now up for sale.
Shelina Wade (born in Denver, Colorado), commonly known as Lina, is an American R&B and soul singer and songwriter.
Lina is a female given name.
Lina may also refer to:
- acronym, Love Is Not Abuse
- 468 Lina, a main belt asteroid that was named after the family housemaid of the discoverer
- LINA (software), enables users to run applications compiled for Linux under Windows and Mac OS X
- Linear A (ISO 15924 code: Lina)
- Lina (American singer), American R&B singer
- Lina (South Korean singer), South Korean singer
Lee Ji-yeon (born February 18, 1984), better known by her stage name Lina is a South Korean singer and musical actress. She was a member of South Korean R&B duo Isak N Jiyeon, which debuted in 2002 and later debuted as a member of South Korean girl group The Grace in 2005.