Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
also les; by 1929, colloquial shortening of lesbian.
n. (context slang can be vulgar English) lesbian.
LEZ may refer to:
- Derogative word form lesbian (more commonly les)
- Low emission zone
- IATA code for La Esperanza Airport in La Esperanza, Honduras
Lez may refer to:
- Lez, Haute-Garonne, a commune in Haute-Garonne département, France
- Lez river, a river in Hérault département, France
- Lez Duly, former member of punk band Concrete Sox
- ISO 639 code for Lezgian language
The Lez is a coastal river in Hérault département, France. It is the main river crossing Montpellier. The river has its source in Saint-Clément-de-Rivière and flows to the Mediterranean Sea at Palavas-les-Flots. The fish Cottus petiti is endemic to this river, and is found only in a short stretch of it.
Usage examples of "lez".
Not lez types, but soft girls with hard edges, like my string of fight giveaways.
Turning onto Ventura Boulevard, I got spooked by the proximity of the lez bar block.
When we had to have money I would go sit in one of the Lez coffee shops and bring some money home-Sam didn't mind that.
When we had to have money I would go sit in one of the Lez coffee shops and bring some money home—Sam didn’t mind that.
When Ethan and Hazard worked the brutal murders of two lesbians of Middle Eastern descent, the case had been called Lezzes in Fezzes.