Lány is a village in the Czech Republic, west of Prague, in Central Bohemian Region, outside the main road towards Karlovy Vary. It has 1610 inhabitants. Its major landmark is a castle, serving as a summer residence of Czechoslovak and later Czech Presidents. There is also a sports car museum and Museum of T. G. Masaryk, the first President of Czechoslovakia. Both President Masaryk and his wife are buried in the local cemetery.
The second oldest horse-drawn wagonway in continental Europe operated between Prague and Lány (originally planned to reach Plzeň) from 1830 until 1869. Its final station was in present-day forester's lodge Píně.
The word "Lány" in Czech means "fields" or "tracts (of land)".
Lány may refer to locations in the Czech Republic:
- Lány (Chrudim District), a village in Pardubice Region
- Lány (Havlíčkův Brod District), a village in Vysočina Region
- Lány (Kladno District), a village in Central Bohemian Region, with a summer residence of Czech Presidents
LANY is a three piece dream pop band from Los Angeles, California.
Lány is small village in the Pardubice Region of the Czech Republic. It has around 220 inhabitants.
Village Kozojedy is administrative part of Lány.
Łany may refer to the following places in Poland:
- Łany, Lower Silesian Voivodeship (south-west Poland)
- Łany, Krasnystaw County in Lublin Voivodeship (east Poland)
- Łany, Kraśnik County in Lublin Voivodeship (east Poland)
- Łany, Puławy County in Lublin Voivodeship (east Poland)
- Łany, Jędrzejów County in Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship (south-central Poland)
- Łany, Opatów County in Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship (south-central Poland)
- Łany, Silesian Voivodeship (south Poland)
- Łany, Opole Voivodeship (south-west Poland)
- Łany, West Pomeranian Voivodeship (north-west Poland)
Lány is a village and municipality ( obec) in Havlíčkův Brod District in the Vysočina Region of the Czech Republic.
The municipality covers an area of , and has a population of 60 (as at 3 July 2006).
Lány lies approximately north-east of Havlíčkův Brod, north of Jihlava, and east of Prague.