Crossword clues for lall
Lall is both a surname and a given name. Notable people with the name include:
- Ajai Lall, Christian preacher and missionary in India
- Ashok "Bihari" Lall, Principal of Ashok B Lall Architects in New Delhi, India
- Hemant Lall (born 1951), American bridge player
- K. B. Lall (died 2005), civil servant of India and a member of ICS
- Kesar Lall (1926–2012), Nepalese folklorist and writer
- Muni Lall, former Union minister of state of India
- Premjit Lall (1940–2008), professional tennis player from India
- Rajiv Lall, Managing Director and Vice Chairman of Infrastructure Development Finance Company (IDFC)
- Raul Lall (born 1994), Guyanese judoka
- Sanjaya Lall (1940–2005), development economist, Professor of Economics and Fellow of Green College, Oxford University
- Nautam Bhagwan Lall Bhatt (1909–2005), Indian physicist
- Brijmohan Lall Munjal, Indian businessman and chairman of Hero Group
- Lall Sawh, Trinidadian urologist in the Caribbean and Latin America
- Mutty Lall Seal (1792–1854), Indian businessman and philanthropist
- Mohan Lall Shrimal, former chief justice of Sikkim High Court
- Lall Singh (1909–1985), early Indian Test cricketer
Usage examples of "lall".
They were lall calling him Master, and when they started leaping onto the field and running toward him to kiss his hands, his lieutenants and their attack dogs had formed a ring around him for protection.
Acting as the new wuzeer of the ranee, who was regent during the minority of her son, Dhuleep Singh, Lall Singh directed the sheik to summon a meeting of the chieftains of the mountain country subjected by treaty to the new Maharajah Gholab Singh, and to organise among them an armed resistance to his power.
The Lahore government was once again all submission, and Lall Singh was seized and carried across the Sutlej into the British territory.