Kun may refer to:
- Kun (鯤) and Peng, two forms of a creature from Chinese mythology
- Kun (pl.: kunok), the Hungarian term for the Cuman people
- Kunqu or Kun Opera, a Chinese opera genre
- kun (君), a Japanese honorific
- One of a pair of mountain peaks in the Nun Kun massif in Kashmir, India
- Nickname of Argentine footballer Sergio Agüero
- Kun (Islamic term) (كن), meaning manifesting, existing or being
- Kaunas Airport, Lithuania, IATA code
"Kun fayakūn" has its reference in the Quran cited as a Symbol / Sign of God's Mystical Creative Power. The verse is from the Quranic Chapter, Surah Ya-Sin. The context in which the words "kun fayakūn" appear in the 36th Chapter, verse number 77–83:Does man not consider that We created him from a [mere] sperm-drop – then at once he is an open disputant? And he presents an (argument of) likeness for Us and forgets his own creation. He asks (in confusion): "Who will give life to the bones when they are disintegrated?" Say: "He will give life to them Who brought them into existence at first, and He is cognizant of all creation." He Who has made for you, from the green tree, fire. and then from it you kindle (fire). Is not He Who created the heavens and the earth able to create the like of them? Yes Indeed! and He is the Superb Creator (of all), the Ever-Knowing. Surely His Command, when He wills a thing, is only to say to it: Be! and it is!" Therefore glory be to Him in Whose hand is the Kingdom of all things, and to Him you shall be brought back.
The term also appears as part of 117th verse of the 2nd Quranic Chapter, Surah Baqara.(Allah,) The Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, "Be," and it is.
There are 8 Quranic References to KUN FAYAKŪN:
1. She said: “O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?” He said: “Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, ‘Be,’ and it is! Surat ʾĀl ʿImrān, Sura # 3, Aya # 46-48
2. The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: “Be”. And he was. Surat ʾĀl ʿImrān, Sura # 3, Aya # 58-60
3. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, “Be”, and it is. Surat Maryam, Sura # 19, Aya # 34-36
4. To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: When He decreeth a matter, He saith to it: “Be,” and it is. Sura Al-Baqara, Sura # 2, Aya # 116-118
5. It is He who created the heavens and the earth in true (proportions): the day He saith, “Be,” behold! it is. His word is the truth. His will be the dominion the day the trumpet will be blown. He knoweth the unseen as well as that which is open. For He is the Wise, well acquainted (with all things). Surat Al-Anʿām, Sura # 6, Aya # 72-74
6. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, “be”, and it is! Surat Yaseen, Sura # 36, Aya # 81-83
7. For to anything which We have willed, We but say the word, “Be”, and it is. Surat An-Nahl, Sura # 16, Aya # 39-41
8. It is He Who gives Life and Death; and when He decides upon an affair, He says to it, “Be”, and it is. Surat Ghāfir, Sura # 40, Aya # 67-69
Usage examples of "kun".
Zoals ze bij ons in Texas zeggen, als je een schildpad op het hek ziet zitten, kun je er donder op zeggen dat hij daar niet vanzelf is gekomen.
With the might of the superweapon--as well as powerful techniques his spectral mentor Exar Kun had taught him-- Kyp would extinguish all threats against the New Republic.
Alles aan boord wordt langzaam en met overleg gedaan, dus op de meeste tochten kun je met je ouwe lijf nog heel goed meekomen.
Kun Soe had not been settled into his quarters at the Berlin mission for more than three days when evidence of the betrayal of Ambassador Sok became apparent.
Rim Kun Soe left the old one to his meditation, wondering as he bowed from the library how the young one could possibly hope to get that much gold out of the North Korean embassy unnoticed.
In his love of all things Western, Rim Kun Soe had purchased one of these.
Kun Soe hated the West and everything that remotely resembled the bourgeois American culture.
He was exempt from the laws of his host state, so the police could do nothing to Rim Kun Soe as he was hustled through the line of officers and reporters onto the first plane home.
Even though he had been following the orders of his superior, even though Kim Jong Il himself had turned over use of his jet to the two smugglers, Rim Kun Soe had borne the brunt of the punishment.
Rim Kun Soe had been turned over to a detail that was inspecting the suitcases.
As a member of the Public Security Ministry while at home and particularly during his brief stay in Germany, Rim Kun Soe had always been able to eat his fill.
Rim Kun Soe, the disgraced lackey running dog of the capitalist-loving Master of Sinanju?
Remo ordered Rim Kun Soe to stop at the huge stone staircase before the massive building.
Bridge of No Return, he noted that Rim Kun Soe still sat morosely on the opposite side of the bridge.
Kaj tial eble estis, kial mi ne volis havi vin kaj la vian kun mi en la balono.