Kirch is a small lunar impact crater in the eastern part of the Mare Imbrium, a large lunar mare in the northwest quadrant of the Moon. This is a relatively solitary formation with the nearest comparable crater being Piazzi Smyth to the northeast. Notable features in the vicinity are the Montes Spitzbergen mountains to the south and the solitary peak Mons Piton to the east-northeast. Kirch is circular and bowl-shaped, with a dark interior having the same albedo as the surrounding terrain.
Kirch may refer to:Business
- Kirch Group, a former German media conglomerate
- Darrell Kirch, AAMC president
- Gottfried Kirch (1639 – 1710), German astronomer
- Maria Margarethe Kirch (née Winckelmann) (1670 – 1720), German astronomer and spouse of Gottfried Kirch
- Leo Kirch (1926-2011), German media entrepreneur
- Oliver Kirch (born 1982), German footballer
- Patrick Vinton Kirch, American archaeologist
- Kirch (crater), a lunar impact crater
- Kirch, Iran, a village in Isfahan Province
- Kirch Jesar, a municipality in the district of Ludwigslust in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany
- Kirch Mulsow, a municipality in the district of Bad Doberan in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany
Usage examples of "kirch".
As much as Seyss did not like being here, Kirch must dislike his visiting.
As he had to split the sum with Lenz, he wanted to goad Kirch into offering two thousand US.
When Otto Kirch telephoned reporting that he had seen Erich Seyss, Altman was pleased, but not altogether surprised.
In particular, Peter Bellwood, Kent Flannery, Patrick Kirch, and my wife, Marie Cohen, read the whole manuscript, and Charles Heiser, Jr.
Kirch read from his tally sheet, continuing until he had orally catalogued every box but one.