The Collaborative International Dictionary
Tapa \Ta"pa\, n. A kind of cloth prepared by the Polynesians from the inner bark of the paper mulberry; -- sometimes called also kapa.
KAPA (100.3 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a Hawaiian AC format. Licensed to Hilo, Hawaii, USA, the station serves the Hilo area. The station is currently owned by Pacific Radio Group, Inc.
Kapa or KAPA may refer to:
- Kapa, a fabric that was made by Native Hawaiians
- KAPA, a radio station in Hilo, Hawaii, United States
- Kapa, Burkina Faso, a village in the Fara Department of Balé Province in southern Burkina Faso
- Centennial Airport, public use airport in Arapahoe County, Colorado, United States
- Käpylän Pallo, a football (soccer) club from the Käpylä district of Helsinki
- the Crnogorska kapa, worn in Montenegro
Usage examples of "kapa".
Wherefore Hina had ample time in which to dry her kapas, and the days are longer than they used to be, which last is quite in accord with the teachings of modern astronomy.
Kapata was the son of a Natchee man and a Karankawa woman, and the Karankawa were despised by the Natchee.