Jina may refer to:
- Jina (Korean name), including a list of people with the name
- Jina language, Afro-Asiatic language of Cameroon
- Joint Institute for Nuclear Astrophysics (JINA)
- Arihant (Jainism), also called jina, a term for a human who has conquered his or her inner passions
Jina and Jinah are Roman-alphabet spellings of either of two homophonous Korean feminine given names with different hangul spellings. The meaning differs based on the hanja used to write each syllable of the name.
For the name systemically transcribed as Jin-a. there are 48 hanja with the reading " jin" and 20 hanja with the reading "a" on the South Korean government's official list of hanja which may be used in given names. People with this name include:
- Kim Jin-ah (born 1980), stage name Shim Yi-young, South Korean film actress
- Kang Jin-a (born 1981), South Korean film director
- Lee Jin-a (born 1985), South Korean tennis player
- Nana (singer) (born Im Jin-ah, 1991), South Korean singer, member of girl group After School
- Lee Jin-ah (born 1991), South Korean singer signed to Antenna Music
- Yeom Jina, South Korean singer, member of girl group Bob Girls
- Kwon Jin-ah (born 1997), South Korean singer and guitarist
- Lee Jinah (fl. 2010s), South Korean singer, lead vocalist of girl group She'z
For the name systemically transcribed as Ji-na, there are 46 hanja with the reading " ji" and 16 hanja with the reading "na" on the South Korean government's official list of hanja which may be used in given names. People with this name include:
- Song Ji-na (born 1959), South Korean screenwriter
- Choi Ji-na (born 1975), South Korean actress
- G.NA, stage name of Gina Jane Choi (born 1987), Korean Canadian singer
- Kim Ji-na, South Korean missionary taken hostage in Afghanistan in 2007
Usage examples of "jina".
The Primary Coordinator and Colonel Jina were probably using similar programs.
Colonel Jina, Sabor concentrated on more lofty matters--and the time-eating speeches that lofty matters tend to generate.
Colonel Jina starts thinking you and our female companion are expendable.
She appeared again, almost elderly now, standing close beside Jina, her niece, who was by then middle-aged.
Hooker would be led by some of the Diaspran veterans, under the command of Krindi Fain, with the human Marinesled by Gunny Jinas emergency backup.
Jina headed for a public booth and took the laser disc from her leather pouch.