Crossword clues for jfk
- Stone work
- 1950s-'60s political inits.
- Stone picture
- Alternative to Newark or La Guardia
- Historical 1991 Oliver Stone film
- Letters on an N.Y.C.-bound bag
- "We choose to go to the moon" speech giver, informally
- 35th President of the United States
- Established the Peace Corps
- Assassinated in Dallas (1917-1963)
JFK are the initials of John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States.
JFK may also refer to:
- John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York City, New York, USA, by IATA code
- John F. Kennedy Memorial Airport, Ashland, Wisconsin, USA, also known as JFK Memorial Airport
- JFK (film), a 1991 film by Oliver Stone
- JFK (Clone High), a character on Clone High
- JFK Express, a defunct premium-fare subway service
- JFK International School, a school and summer camp situated in the Swiss Alps (Saanen/Gstaad)
- JFK University, a university in Pleasant Hill, California
- JFK: Reloaded, a video game by Traffic Games
- Jesse F. Keeler or JFK, Canadian musician
- Justice for Khojaly, a campaign to raise awareness of the 1992 massacre of ethnic Azerbaijanis in Khojaly
JFK is a 1991 American historical legal-conspiracy thriller film directed by Oliver Stone. It examines the events leading to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and alleged cover-up through the eyes of former New Orleans district attorney Jim Garrison ( Kevin Costner).
Garrison filed charges against New Orleans businessman Clay Shaw ( Tommy Lee Jones) for his alleged participation in a conspiracy to assassinate the President, for which Lee Harvey Oswald ( Gary Oldman) was found responsible by a government investigation: the Warren Commission.
The film was adapted by Stone and Zachary Sklar from the books On the Trail of the Assassins by Jim Garrison and Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy by Jim Marrs. Stone described this account as a " counter-myth" to the Warren Commission's "fictional myth."
The film became embroiled in controversy. Upon JFKs theatrical release, many major American newspapers ran editorials accusing Stone of taking liberties with historical facts, including the film's implication that President Lyndon B. Johnson was part of a coup d'état to kill Kennedy. After a slow start at the box office, the film gradually picked up momentum, earning over $205 million in worldwide gross. JFK was nominated for eight Academy Awards (including Best Picture) and won two for Best Cinematography and Best Film Editing. It was the most successful of three films Stone made about the American Presidency, followed later by Nixon with Anthony Hopkins in the title role and W. with Josh Brolin as George W. Bush.
JFK is the original soundtrack of the 1991 Academy Award and Golden Globe Award-winning film, JFK, starring Kevin Costner, Tommy Lee Jones, Kevin Bacon, Joe Pesci and Sissy Spacek. The original score was composed by John Williams.
The album was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Score (lost to the score of Beauty and the Beast).
JFK is an opera in two acts by American composer David T. Little, with an English-language libretto by Royce Vavrek. The opera's story is based on the final night of American president John F. Kennedy's life that was spent in at the Hotel Texas in Fort Worth, prior to his assassination in Dallas, Texas, on November 22, 1963.
The opera was commissioned by Fort Worth Opera, Opéra de Montréal and American Lyric Theater, and received its premiere at Fort Worth Opera on April 23, 2016 in a production directed by Thaddeus Strassberger.