The Hobrecht-Plan is the binding land-use plan for Berlin in the 19th century. It is named after its main editor James Hobrecht (1825–1902) who was serving for the royal-prussian urban planning police ("Baupolizei").
The finalized plan "Bebauungsplan der Umgebungen Berlins" (binding land-use plan for the environs of Berlin) was resolved in 1862, intended for a time frame of about 50 years. The plan did not only cover the area around the cities of Berlin and Charlottenburg, but it did describe also a spatial regional planning on a large perimeter. Thus it also prepared the city and its neighbouring municipalities for the Greater Berlin Act of 1920, that greatly extended Berlin's size and population.
The plan resulted in large areas of dense urban city blocks known as 'blockrand structures', with mixed-use buildings reaching to the street and offering a common-used courtyard, later often overbuilt with additional court structures to house more people. The Hobrecht-Plan inspired new urban plans after 1990 by construction senator Hans Stimmann and his colleagues, so the until then divided Berlin would grow together, become denser and livelier again.
Hobrecht's plan is often compared to Baron Haussmann's restructuring of Paris, as it also resulted in wide metropolitan avenues, large urban parks and squares, sewers and other modernisation projects of the infrastructure.