Thomas "Herc" Hauk is a fictional character on the HBO drama The Wire, played by Domenick Lombardozzi. The series introduces Herc as a detective in the Baltimore Police Department's Narcotics Unit, begrudgingly detailed to the initial Barksdale investigation. He is generally portrayed as encapsulating the failings of the contemporary Baltimore police officer: simple-minded, concerned with petty street arrests and minor drug charges, and priding himself and his colleagues on "banging heads." He is also partner and loyal friend to Ellis Carver, the two rarely being unpaired until later seasons. Following his promotion to sergeant, he is dismissed from the force, subsequently finding employment as a private investigator for attorney—and invariant legal advisor for drug organisations— Maurice Levy.
Herc may refer to:
- DJ Kool Herc (born 1955), Jamaican-born DJ credited with originating hip hop music
- Herc, fictional character on the HBO drama The Wire played by actor Domenick Lombardozzi
- Herc's Adventures, video game released for the Sega Saturn and the PlayStation by LucasArts Entertainment in 1997
Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- Greater Chicago HERC, job-placement and recruitment organization in the Greater Chicago area
- St. Louis Regional HERC, job-placement and recruitment organization in the greater Saint Louis area, Central Missouri and Central Illinois
Usage examples of "herc".
Along with the crew of the RF-4 and Hunter, Stagg and two of his officers from the New York Hercs were in attendance.