n. 1 (context Irish colloquial English) A mess. 2 (plural of hame English)
Hames is a surname, and may refer to:
- Ashley Hames (born 1970), British television presenter and director
- Bob Hames (1920 - 1998), American jazz guitarist
- Greg Hames (born 1980), English cricketer
- Jagan Hames (born 1975), retired Australian decathlete
- Ken Hames former British SAS officer
- Kim Hames (born 1953), Australian politician
- Mat Hames (born 1971), American independent filmmaker
- Michael Hames, Metropolitan Police Detective Superintendent
- Tim Hames, British journalist
Usage examples of "hames".
It was only a trip, but as he got up and faced about looking for the remains of the sled, the harness, tugged by the reins, crowded on his neck--backband, collar, hames, chains and all.