Crossword clues for hals
- "Herring Vender" artist
- Famed Haarlem name
- His "Cavalier" is laughing
- Portraitist Frans
- "The Merry Toper" artist
- Holbrook and March
- "The Jolly Toper" artist
- "The Jolly Toper" painter
- "La Bohémienne" painter
- "Laughing Cavalier" painter
- "The Gypsy" painter
- "Jolly Trio" painter
- He painted "The Laughing Cavalier"
- Linden and Holbrook
- "The Laughing Cavalier" painter
- Dutch master
- Painter of "Young Married Couple"
- Holbrook and Linden
- Flemish painter Frans
- Painter Frans
- "Gypsy Girl" painter
- Rembrandt contemporary
- Dutch portraitist Frans
- Rijksmuseum artist
- "Shrovetide Revelers" artist
- Actor Holbrook and others
- "Archers of St. George" artist
- "The Jolly Trio" painter
- Dutch artist Frans
- Dutch painter
- Dutch portrait painter
- Haarlem painter Frans
- "Merry Toper" painter
- "The Merry Drinker" painter
- Dutch painter Frans
- "The Laughing Cavalier" artist
- Dutch Golden Age painter
- Descartes portraitist
- "Lucas de Clercq" portraitist, ca. 1635
- "Youth With a Skull" painter
- Dutch old master Frans
- Frans who painted "The Laughing Cavalier"
- "Laughing Cavalier" creator
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Hals \Hals\ (h[add]ls), n. [AS. heals; akin to D., G., & Goth. hals. See Collar.] The neck or throat. [Obs.]
Do me hangen by the hals.
Hals or HALS may refer to:
- Hals Municipality, now in Aalborg, Region Nordjylland, Denmark
- Hals, Denmark
- Hals (Passau) the northernmost neighborhood of Passau, Germany
- Historic American Landscapes Survey, a program of the United States National Park Service
- HIV-associated lipodystrophy syndrome, a condition characterized by loss of subcutaneous fat associated with infection with HIV
- Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers, chemicals that prevent light-induced degradation of polymers
- Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies
People with the surname Hals:
- Dirck Hals (1591–1656), Dutch painter
- Frans Hals (circa 1580–1666), Dutch painter
- William Hals (died 1736), Cornish historian
Hals is a crater on Mercury. It has a diameter of 100 kilometers. Its name was adopted by the International Astronomical Union in 1985. Hals is named for the Dutch painter Frans Hals, who lived from 1581 to 1666.
thumb|upright=1.5|Neighborhoods of Passau, with Hals im Norden thumb|100px|The former municipal crest of Hals Hals is a neighborhood in the northern area of Passau, whose geography is strongly influenced by the Ilz.
Usage examples of "hals".
Men den yngres näv var snabbre, slog i kaken som en hammar, brytte halsen, Iäggde kjämpen låg i dyen, död som fiske.