The Collaborative International Dictionary
n. 1 The bluefish. 2 The pollock.
Greenfish is used as the common name of several unrelated groups of fish:
- Ascension wrasse, (Thalassoma ascensionis) discovered by Quoy & Gaimard, 1834
- Bluefish, (Pomatomus saltatrix) discovered by Linnaeus, 1766
- Murray cod, (Maccullochella peelii peelii) discovered by Mitchell, 1838
- Pollock, (Pollachius pollachius) discovered by Linneus, 1758
- St. Helena wrasse (Thalassoma sanctaehelenae) discovered by Valenciennes, 1839
"Greenfish" was also formerly used to refer to green cod, fresh or freshly-salted Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua).
Greenfish may also refer to:
- Green Fish, a 1997 South Korean film starring Han Suk-kyu
- Greenfish, an incon editing software.
- Greenfish recirculation technology, advanced sustainable recirculating fish farm systems
- USS Greenfish, a former United States Navy submarine