Crossword clues for gana
The word ( Sanskrit: गण) in Sanskrit and Pali means "flock, troop, multitude, number, tribe, series or class". It can also be used to refer to a "body of attendants" and can refer to "a company, any assemblage or association of men formed for the attainment of the same aims". The word "gana" can also refer to councils or assemblies convened to discuss matters of religion or other topics.
In Hinduism, the s are attendants of Shiva and live on Mount Kailash. Ganesha was chosen as their leader by Shiva, hence Ganesha's title or , "lord of the ".
Gana is an attendant of the Hindu god Shiva.
Gana may also refer to:
- Gana, Burkina Faso
- Gana, Iran, a village in Hormozgan Province, Iran
- Gana, Poland
- Gana, Tibet, Lhünzhub County, Tibet
- Gana people of Botswana
- Ganas, an intentional community in New York City
- Ghana Empire, an empire in what is now western Mali that flourished between the fourth and thirteenth centuries
- Gaṇa (prosody), a technical term in Sanskrit prosody
- the Grand Alliance for National Unity, a political party in El Salvador
- the Grand National Alliance (Guatemala), a political party in Guatemala
- Gana Perú, or Peru Wins, a political party in Peru