Crossword clues for fontana
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Housing Units (2000): 35908
Land area (2000): 36.117343 sq. miles (93.543484 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.002233 sq. miles (0.005784 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 36.119576 sq. miles (93.549268 sq. km)
FIPS code: 24680
Located within: California (CA), FIPS 06
Location: 34.097744 N, 117.458222 W
ZIP Codes (1990): 92335 92336
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Housing Units (2000): 67
Land area (2000): 0.174359 sq. miles (0.451588 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 0.174359 sq. miles (0.451588 sq. km)
FIPS code: 23650
Located within: Kansas (KS), FIPS 20
Location: 38.425879 N, 94.838089 W
ZIP Codes (1990): 66026
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Fontana may refer to:
Fontana is a lunar crater that is located in the southwestern part of the Moon's near side, to the south of the Oceanus Procellarum. It lies to the west-northwest of the flooded crater Zupus. Midway between Fontana and Zupus is a rille system designated Rimae Zupus.
This is a low-rimmed crater with an interior floor that is marked only by several small craterlets, and a few low ridges in the southwest. The rim is narrow and roughly circular, with an outward bulge at the northern end. There is a cleft in the northeastern part of the rim.
Fontana is a Barcelona Metro station, located under Carrer Gran de Gràcia and Carrer d'Astúries in the Gràcia district of Barcelona. It is served by L3.
The station opened in 1924 as part of the first metro line of the city, which ran between Catalunya and Lesseps stations. It retains some of its original decoration.
Fontana is one of the few stations in the city to be accessed via an above-ground ticket hall. This is the only access to the station, and is located on the Carrer Gran de Gràcia next to its junction with the Carrer d'Astúries. It has two tracks, with twin side platforms that are long.
Fontana is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Alberto Fontana (born 1967), an Italian footballer
- Alberto Maria Fontana (born 1974), an Italian footballer
- Annibale Fontana (1540–1587), an Italian sculptor, medallist and crystal-worker
- Arianna Fontana (born 1990), an Italian short track speed skater
- Carl Fontana (1928–2003), an American jazz trombonist
- Carlo Fontana (1634 or 1638–1714), an Italian architect
- David Fontana (1934 – 2010), British academic, psychologist and author
- D.C. Fontana (born 1939), an American science fiction writer
- D.J. Fontana (born 1931), an American drummer
- Domenico Fontana (1543–1607), an Italian architect
- Francesco Fontana (1580–1656), an Italian astronomer
- Federica Fontana (born 1977), a noted model
- Felice Fontana (1730–1805), an Italian scientist
- Franco Fontana (born 1933), an Italian photographer
- Giovanni Fontana (architect) (1540–1614), an Italian architect
- Giovanni Fontana (poet) (born 1946), an Italian poet and publisher
- Giovanni Battista Fontana (composer) (c. 1571–1630), an Italian composer and a violinist
- Giovanni Battista Fontana (painter) (1524–1587), an Italian painter and engraver
- Gregorio Fontana (1735–1803), an Italian mathematician
- Isabeli Fontana (born 1983), a noted Brazilian model
- Jimmy Fontana (1934-2013), an Italian composer and singer-songwriter
- José de Anchieta Fontana (1940–1980), a Brazilian soccer player/footballer
- Julian Fontana (1810–1869), a Polish pianist and composer
- Lavinia Fontana (1552–1614), an Italian painter
- Luciano Fontana (born 1965), Italian ski mountaineer and cross-country skier
- Lucio Fontana (1899–1968), an Argentine modern artist
- Luigi Fontana (1827–1908), an Italian sculptor, painter and architect
- Niccolò Fontana Tartaglia (1499–1557), an Italian mathematician
- Norberto Fontana (born 1975), an Argentine racing driver
- Richard Fontana (birth date unknown), an open source lawyer
- Santino Fontana, an American actor
- Tom Fontana (born 1951), an American television writer/producer
- Wayne Fontana (born 1945), an English pop singer
Fontana Crater is a crater in the Thaumasia quadrangle of Mars, located at 63.2°S latitude and 72.2°W longitude. It is 80.0 km in diameter and was named after Francesco Fontana, and the name was approved in 1973 by the International Astronomical Union (IAU) Working Group for Planetary System Nomenclature (WGPSN). The picture below shows dust devil tracks and dunes on the crater's floor.
Usage examples of "fontana".
Fontana, a steel town 50 miles east of Los Angeles, the club now numbers about 450 in California.
This action, at first sight somewhat obscure, is due to the extreme pupillary contraction which removes the mass of the iris from pressing upon the spaces of Fontana, through which the intraocular fluids normally make a very slow escape from the eye into its efferent lymphatics.
Moira said, going to the rack where the musical instruments were kept and getting out her cello, and a little later, Fontana came in, carrying a printout of the Mass in Five Voices.
The solar railway, operated jointly by the Musseli, Fontana, and Braket clans, should get you to your destination without excessive delays.
Fontana and Jerome Bixby)fi216The landing party answering the distress call consisted of Kirk, Spock, McCoy, the security officer Lt.
The radio was always on to an oldies station and when a great one played, we'd stop what we were doing and dance to the Dixie Cups or Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders.
We saw portrait artists, right on the street—good ones, not like the cheesy ones in New York—and people eating gelati, and groups of senior citizens following around tour guides holding a flag, and I threw money in the Fontana di Trevi—I don’t know how much, because it was Italian—which apparently guarantees you’ll be back there someday.
Signora Fontana and Father Maratta had planned—conspired would be as good a word—with Sharon to ensure that the nuptials he was now awaiting the commencement of were fully prepared for.
One of them consulted his daily work sheet and even though he saw on it a delivery from Fontana for Ethan Hearn's office, he asked to see the bill of lading.