Evi (formerly True Knowledge) is a technology company in Cambridge, England, founded by William Tunstall-Pedoe, which specialises in knowledge base and semantic search engine software. Its first product was an answer engine that aimed to directly answer questions on any subject posed in plain English text, which is accomplished using a database of discrete facts. The True Knowledge Answer engine was launched for private beta testing and development on 7 November 2007.
In January 2012 True Knowledge launched a major new product Evi (pronounced ee-vee), an artificial intelligence program which can be communicated with using natural language via an app on iPhone and Android.
The company changed its name from True Knowledge to Evi in June 2012.
In October 2012, Evi was acquired by Amazon and is now part of the Amazon group of companies. . The technology and team became a key part of Amazon's Alexa assistant and the Amazon Echo
Evi or EVI may refer to:
- Evi (software), the British company (formerly True Knowledge) making the iPhone and Android virtual personal assistant of the same name
- Enhanced vegetation index, an index designed to improve vegetation monitoring
- Evi (Bible), a Biblical figure and one of the five Midianite kings killed during the time of Moses
- Ed Van Impe (born 1940), a Canadian professional ice hockey player
- Electronic Valve Instrument, a musical instrument