Crossword clues for ept
- Expecting company?
- Competent, kiddingly
- Competent, jocularly
- Competent, in slang
- Certain impost: Abbr
- Capable to wags
- Brand with pluses and minuses
- Brand with blue and pink test results
- Brand used while waiting for a period
- Brand used soon after a great night
- Brand that shows whether you're with child
- Brand many piss all over
- Brand for parents-to-be
- Brand for nervous couples, briefly
- Brand for determining if you're expecting
- Bathroom portent brand
- Able, nonstandardly
- "Big Moment. Be Sure" brand
- Skillful, facetiously
- Able, facetiously
- Capable, facetiously
- Capable, slangily
- Capable, jocularly
- Competent, facetiously
- Business levy: Abbr.
- Skillful, kiddingly
- Clearblue Easy competitor
- Skillful, slangily
- Capable, kiddingly
- Capable, jokingly
- Skilled, facetiously
- Post-tryst brand
- I.R.S. concern: Abbr
- I.R.S. business levy: Abbr
- First Response rival
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
1938, back-formation from inept, usually with an attempt at comical effect. Related: Eptitude; eptly.
EPT or Ept may refer to:
- CaMLA English Placement Test (EPT), a test used to assess students’ language ability levels and place them in the right English language course
- Ephemeroptera, Plecoptera, and Trichoptera, the three insect orders commonly used to test water quality
- Early pregnancy test, a home pregnancy test kit
- European Poker Tour, a series of televised poker tournaments
- Ecole Polytechnique de Tunisie, see Tunisia Polytechnic School
- Extended Page Table, a feature of hardware support for page-table virtualization in computer science
- Empire Of The Petal Throne, the role-playing world of Tékumel
- Electric pallet truck, a tool used to lift and move pallets
- Effective performance time, a measure of effectiveness under low oxygen conditions
- End (of) Proprietary Transfer, the opposition of proprietors against those who would take something they have earned or created from them, the feeling of justice and determination to prevent being taken what they have put time and effort into; fighting or staying true to something.
- Ethanolaminephosphotransferase, an enzyme
- The Greek acronym of the Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation, the national broadcaster
Usage examples of "ept".
I know, have you verified, that the woman claiming to be Ept, Agatha, was in fact the same Ept, Agatha employed by the US Patent Office.
Russian political attache that Ept had met at a Smithsonian recEption weeks before had turned up at her door.
Langley, Manny took a shot at getting the head of the US Patent Office to give them some recent patent applications that a junior patent officer such as Ept might have access to.
For when they rested or slept, the creatures merely withdrew their limbs and heads, rolled over upon their backs, and sl ept soundly no matter where they might be.
Hek ept both hands on the steering wheel, left in the ten o'clock position and right in the two o'clock position, just like they teach in driving school.