Crossword clues for dob
- Driver's license stat.
- Driver's lic. stat
- When you entered this world: Abbr.
- 5/29/1917, for J.F.K.
- July 4, 1872, for Calvin Coolidge: Abbr.
- When you entered this world: Abbr
- July 4, 1872, for Calvin Coolidge: Abbr
- Baseball card stat
- Driver's lic. info
- ID datum
- Driver's lic. datum
- Bio info
- Application initials
- Application info: Abbr
- Figure on a driver's license: abbr
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Doupe \Doupe\, n. (Zo["o]l.) The carrion crow. [Written also dob.] [Prov. Eng.]
Etymology 1 n. A small amount of something, especially paste. vb. 1 (context slang chiefly Australia and UK English) To report (a person) to someone in authority for a wrongdoing. 2 (context slang chiefly Australia English) To do one's share; to contribute. 3 (context slang chiefly Australia English) To nominate a person, often in their absence, for an unpleasant task. Etymology 2
init. date of birth Etymology 3
vb. (context intransitive sometimes humorous English) In the scouting movement, to chant ''dob'' to indicate that one will do one's best to follow the scouting laws.
DOB or Dob may refer to:
- Date of birth
2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromoamphetamine, Bromo-DMA, a psychedelic drug
- Meta-DOB, related substance
- Methyl-DOB, related substance
- HLA-DOB, human gene
- In astronomy, slang for a Dobsonian telescope
- Daughters of Bilitis, an international lesbian and feminist organization
- New York City Transit Department of Buses, known as MTA New York City Transit buses
- Dykes on Bikes, international network of motorcycle clubs
- Dob, Domžale, village in Slovenia
- Dob, a hamlet of Slovenska Vas with a pear tree avenue and a prison
- Mounir Dob (born 1974), Algerian football referee
- Division of Banks, an Australian Electoral Division in New South Wales
- Dust of Basement, an electronic music band originally from Berlin
- Deutsche Oper Berlin, opera company in the Charlottenburg district of Berlin
- NATO Dispersed Operating Bases (DOBs)
- A slang or colloquial term for a kick in Australian Rules Football
- Daniel O'Brien (comedian), writer for Cracked.com
- Dobo Airport, Indonesia (IATA code DOB)
- Dob, Bhopal, a village in India
Dob is a Slovene toponym, found in Slovenia, Austria and Italy. It derives from an Proto-Slavic word dǫbъ (oak). The word dob is today used exclusively for Quercus robur (Slovene: dob), as other oak species have progressively taken other names. Toponyms having their root in the word "dob" are sometimes hard to distinguish from other similar Slovene words —— particularly dober, and dobra ( English: good), which can be used to refer to many other types of places.
Usage examples of "dob".
But the greatest curse of his life was thinking the notoriously cold Molly Dewberry, the sister of his childhood foe, Dob, was the sexiest woman alive.
From the playground to the barroom, it had always been Dob picking fights with him.
Unfortunately, Dob crossed his line of vision, in the midst of eager men.
Though Dob was tall and rangy, Kyle had him beat by four inches he used to his advantage.
Pete shouldered his way between Dob and Kyle, pushing them apart so that Kyle and Molly were standing close again.
She and Kyle had shared a night of intense passion, and nothing Dob could say would ever change her feelings about that.
The lodge was perched at the edge of a dramatic bluff, and in the canyon below were rapids where the oddly chalk-colored waters of the River Dob raged and rumbled over enormous boulders.
River Dob, as well as huts and comfortable hunting blinds and permanent campsites galore.
The Dob flows crystal clear from the Collum Range and is the main water source for BranDoba.
Surging out from under that curtain, filling the Dob River valley as though it were some green trough, was a churning mass that looked from a distance like gray porridge.
Rivers of mud poured forth from the highlands in multiple courses, snaking through the forest, with the greatest flow of all nearly touching the outskirts of the city at the Dob River Watergate.
He chuckled at his own jest, then rose to trudge over to where she sat, Dob trailing after like a loyal hound.
Then she leaped over the fire, narrowly missing igniting her skirts, to face Dob with the dagger.
I say, Dob, I feel just as I did on the morning I went out with Rocket at Quebec.
Personally, Dexter thought they should all have IDs stating they worked for the DOB, the Department of Bullshit.