The Butterberg near Bad Harzburg is a hill located northeast of the spa town in Goslar district in the German state of Lower Saxony. Its long crest, which is protected as a nature reserve, reaches a height of .
The Butterberg is part of the Harz - Brunswick Land - Eastphalia National Geopark.
The name Butter is associated with buten (i.e. "outside", c.f. Buten and binnen). These are therefore hills lying outside or on the edge of given places. There are many other "Butterberg" hills in German-speaking regions.
The Butterberg is a hill, about high, in the county of Harz in the German state of Saxony-Anhalt.
Butterberg is a mountain of Saxony, southeastern Germany.
Category:Mountains of Saxony
Butterberg is the name of several mountains and hills:
- in Germany:
- Butterberg (Bad Harzburg) (308 m), in the Harz, near Bad Harzburg, Goslar district, Lower Saxony
- Butterberg (Ilfeld) (539 m), in the Harz, near Ilfeld, Nordhausen district, Thuringia
- Butterberg (Ilsenburg) (279 m), in the Harz, near Ilsenburg, Harz district, Saxony-Anhalt
Butterberg (Elmshorn) , near Elmshorn, Pinneberg district, Schleswig-Holstein
- Butterberg (Groß Pankow) , Groß Pankow (Prignitz), Prignitz district, Brandenburg
- Butterberg (Passee) , near Passee, Nordwestmecklenburg district, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Butterberg (Bischofswerda) (385 m), near Bischofswerda, Bautzen district, Saxony
- Butterberg (Schmölln-Putzkau) (388 m), near Tröbigau, Bautzen district, Saxony
- Butterberg (Waltersdorf) , near Waltersdorf, Görlitz district, Saxony
- in Poland:
- Butterberg (Elbing Heights) , in the Elbing Heights, Woiwodschaft Ermland-Masuren
- the German name for the Czech village of Máselnik in the borough of Dubá