Crossword clues for blob
- Vague form
- Shapeless sci-fi villain
- Shapeless form
- Sci-fi film menace of '58
- Indistinct, shapeless form
- Gunky mass
- Gooey clump
- Film monster of 1958 and 1988
- Classic creature-feature creature
- Classic creature feature monster
- 1958 horror film oozer
- Whipped-cream unit
- Water formation on wax paper
- Steve McQueen movie menace
- Squished bug, e.g
- Something small, soft and round
- Soft globule
- Slimy menace of '50s horror
- Shapeless, gooey clump
- Shapeless shape
- Shapeless sci-fi monster, with "The"
- Shapeless clump of stuff
- Sci-fi movie creature
- Sci-fi monster
- Sci-fi menace of the '50s
- Sci-fi menace of '58
- Sci-fi classic of 1958 (with "The")
- Sci-fi alien of '58 (with "The")
- Rhyme and synonym of "glob"
- Oozy sci-fi terror, with "the"
- Oozy movie monster, with "the"
- Oozy lump
- Oozy horror film menace
- Oozing movie alien
- Oozing monster of 1958
- Oozing mass
- Movie oozer, with "The"
- Movie monster of the 1950s
- Monster in a Steve McQueen movie
- Menace in a 1958 Steve McQueen movie, with "The"
- McQueen movie monster
- Lava-lamp lump
- Lava lamp mass
- It's ill-defined
- Indistinct mass
- Ill-defined lump
- Hunk of Jell-O, e.g
- Goop shape
- Gooey, shapeless mass
- Gooey sci-fi monster
- Gloppy, shapeless lump
- Globule, as of paint
- Film monster of 1958
- Drop of thick liquid or viscous substance
- Drop of goo
- Clump of goo
- Classic 1958 horror film, with The
- Amorphous splotch
- Amorphous sci-fi menace, with "the"
- Amorphous object
- Amorphous horror movie villain, with "The"
- Amorphous form
- Amoebic mass
- Amoebic clump
- 1958 sci-fi film starring Steve McQueen, with "The"
- 1958 or 1988 horror movie about an amoeba-like monster, with "The"
- 1958 chiller (with "The")
- "The ---" (sci-fi classic)
- "The ___" (Steve McQueen horror movie)
- ''The ___'' (sci-fi classic)
- Amorphous mass of goo
- Unspecified shape
- Splotch of color
- Out-of-focus picture
- 1958 movie chiller, with "The"
- Sight for very poor eyes
- 1950's horror film creature, with "the"
- 1958 chiller, with "The"
- Amorphous movie monster
- Amoeba, e.g.
- Campy 1958 sci-fi film, with "The"
- Embryonic shape, at first
- Out-of-focus image, say
- Unidentifiable mass
- 1958 sci-fi classic, with "The"
- Mass of wax in a lava lamp, e.g
- Steve McQueen's first major movie, with "The"
- Gooey mass
- Squished bug, e.g.
- Classic sci-fi terror, with "the"
- Lava lamp formation
- Streisand, familiarly
- Lava lamp lump
- Indistinct shape
- 1950s sci-fi terror, with "the"
- Amoeba's shape
- Pollock painting unit
- An indistinct shapeless form
- Formless lump
- Spot of color
- Splash of color
- Amorphous lump
- Thing of undefined shape
- 1958 sci-fi terror, with "the"
- Out-of-focus object
- "The ___," 1958 sci-fi film
- Dollop; splotch
- Formless mass
- McQueen film, with "The"
- Hand-cream unit
- Unstructured mass
- Sci-fi film of '58, with "The"
- Shapeless mass of stuff
- Float up and down round large shapeless mass
- Bowled by high ball, nothing scored?
- Ink stain, e.g
- Small lump
- Gooey lump
- Amorphous shape
- Amorphous sci-fi villain
- Shapeless thing
- Messy mass
- Sci-fi villain
- Oozy gunk
- Drop of paint
- Slimy sci-fi menace of 1958
- Shapeless movie monster
- Oozing movie menace
- Movie monster of 1958
- Hunk of gunk
- Amoeba, essentially
- Soft lump
- Sight for poor eyes?
- Sci-fi creature
- Gunk hunk
- Amoeba, e.g
- Viscous mass
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Blob \Blob\ (bl[o^]b), n. [See Bleb.]
Something blunt and round; a small drop or lump of something viscid or thick; a drop; a bubble; a blister.
(Zo["o]l.) A small fresh-water fish ( Uranidea Richardsoni); the miller's thumb.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
"drop, globule," 1725, from a verb meaning "to make or mark with blobs" (early 15c.), perhaps related to bubble. The same word was used 16c. in a sense "bubble, blister."
n. (context databases English) (acronym of binary large object English) (gloss: a data type that allows storage of binary data often of indeterminate length).
The Blob (Frederick J. "Fred" Dukes) is a fictional supervillain appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character is usually depicted as an adversary of the X-Men. A mutant originally depicted as an obese circus freak, the Blob claims to be immovable when he so desires. He possesses an extreme amount of pliable body mass, which grants him superhuman strength. Possessing the mindset of a bully, he mostly uses his powers for petty crime and as a member of the Brotherhood of Mutants and Freedom Force. He is one of the most prominent, long-running mutants to be depowered as a result of the Decimation storyline.
The Blob appears in the 2009 superhero film X-Men Origins: Wolverine, where he is played by actor Kevin Durand.
Blob may refer to:
Blobs are sections of the visual cortex where groups of neurons that are sensitive to color assemble in cylindrical shapes. They were first identified in 1979 by Margaret Wong-Riley when she used a cytochrome oxidase stain, from which they get their name. These areas receive input from parvocellular cells in layer 4Cβ of the primary visual cortex and output to the thin stripes of area V2. Interblobs are areas between blobs which receive the same input, but are sensitive to orientation instead of color. They output to the pale stripes of area V2.
Blob is a platform-puzzle game, developed by Jonnathan Hilliard and published by Core Design for the Commodore Amiga personal computer. The game was released in the United Kingdom on September 1, 1993.
Usage examples of "blob".
The enemy blob was expanding slowly on the screen as he moved toward the target base.
Although it was lying fairly Aat, the blob was slightly larger than a human being, and it had spread across the bridge in a pile of steaming ooze.
Tash and Deevee both scrambled backward as the blob lunged forward and landed heavily on the spot where they had been standing.
The blob made no sound, except for the slimy slap of its wriggling, fatty skin on the surface of the bridge.
Deevee tried to pry himself loose as the blob began to creep up his silver legs.
He grabbed the upper edge of the blob in his gloved hands and yanked hard.
First the mysterious Wedge Antilles appeared out of nowhere to save them from a weird blob creature, and then told them that no one but Imperials had been allowed on Gobindi in weeks.
A small slurp above her gave Tash just enough warning, and she scrambled out of the way as another blob dropped from the ceiling.
It was as if the first cell contained a fully developed blob, while farther down the line they were still forming.
Passing even more rooms, Tash saw a blob that was just about the size and shape of a human man, lying on the floor.
A bright streak of energy shot out of the gloom and struck the blob head-on.
Wedge poured blaster fire onto a bold blob that had charged toward them.
Tash remembered the Rodian turning into a blob in his cell, and shivered uncontrollably.
In a little while you will be just another mindless blob spreading my virus around the planet.
The weight of the virus blob on her shoulders made her feel as though she were carrying another person.