Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
n. (context idiomatic English) A very important figure, especially a high-ranking person in an organization.
A big cheese is a boss or other senior person, particularly in an organization.
Big Cheese or The Big Cheese may also refer to:
- Big Cheese (magazine), an independent music magazine published in the United Kingdom
- "Big Cheese" (song), by American rock group Nirvana
- "Big Cheese", a song by American rock band Bayside from their 2014 album, Cult
- Bodalla Big Cheese, a visitor attraction in Bodalla, New South Wales
- Big Cheese, the prime minister of Little Tokyo in the anime Samurai Pizza Cats
- "The Big Cheese", an episode of animated series Camp Lazlo
- "The Big Cheese", an episode of animated series Dexter's Laboratory
- "The Big Cheese", an episode of animated series Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
- "The Big Cheese", an episode of animated series Maggie and the Ferocious Beast