Crossword clues for barr
- 2008 Libertarian presidential candidate
- 2008 Libertarian candidate for president
- Attorney general under Bush 41
- Mystery writer Nevada ___
- Comic who was the 2012 presidential nominee of the Peace and Freedom Party
- Roseanne of "Roseanne"
- Epstein-___ virus
- TV's Roseanne
- Roseanne of TV
- Reno's predecessor
- Roseanne, again
- He wrote "Cardillac"
- Comedienne Roseanne
- British novelist-editor: 1850-1912
- British atty.
- Sculptor Roger Terry ___
- Stripper Candy
- Bush Attorney General William
- Ballet prop
- Attorney General under Bush
- New sitcom star of 1988
- Mystery writer Nevada
- Roseanne, once
- "Roseanne" star
- William ___, attorney general under Bush the elder
- Roseanne, formerly
- Actress Roseanne
- Attorney general after Thornburgh
- Attorney general before Reno
- Bob ___, 2008 Libertarian candidate for president
- William ___, 1990s attorney general
- "Fierce working-class domestic goddess" of a sitcom
- Roseanne, before and after Arnold
- Alfred H. ___ Jr., founding director of MoMA
Barr may refer to:
- Al-Barr ( Arabic: البر), is one of the names of God in Islam, meaning "Beneficent".
Barr- is a pre- Indo-European linguistic root meaning 'wooded hill', 'natural barrier'.
In addition to the common noun bar, it explains many place names as:
- Barr, commune of Alsace, France.
- Bar, commune of Corrèze, Limousin, France,
- Bar-sur-Aube and Bar-sur-Seine, communes of Aube, Champagne, France,
- Bar-le-Duc, commune of Lorraine, France, etc.
but not Le Bar-sur-Loup, a former Albarn > Aubarn.
In Alps, the word applies to rocky escarpments:
- la Barre des Écrins is a mountain in French Alps.
This root should not be mistaken for the Basque root Bar- / ibar 'valley'.
Barr is a Scottish surname, and may refer to:
Usage examples of "barr".
He was lying in the bunk next to Barr, his hands folded behind his head.
The movement stirred the pieces on the table, and Barr covered them quickly to keep them from blowing away.
Moving like a man asleep, Barr turned and pushed himself toward Jelinek.
He was trying to feed Barr cut-up steak from a covered dish with a pair of tongs.
Hoke McGee and Everett Everett Barr had run a carnival skin game in partnership, but that had been many years ago.
Everett Everett Barr, an ex-carnival swindler and now a shyster lawyer, formerly employed Sally Surett in his office.
She showed him letters from her father, and asked Barr how to find Meander Surett.
But Johnny, Long Tom, and Renny did learn that Barr became much interested and sent a man named Bill Horder to Death Valley to find Meander Surett and kill him.
Barr a hard shove which deposited him forcibly in a chair, because the Barr grunt was loud and surprised.
Sagebrush Smith and the bogus Sally Surett returned to the hotel room, Everett Everett Barr greeted them heartily.
They showed more initial interest in some bottles of champagne which Everett Everett Barr produced for their consumption.
Everett Everett Barr got down to brass tacks and began explaining that the great scientist, Meander Surett, had made an invention before his death, and that Doc Savage had declared the discovery to be worthless.
Everett Everett Barr passed the portentous strip of photographic paper around for examination.
Everett Barr seemed so astonished at this that he could not stay on his feet.
Latin journalist, continued to appear in every conference which Everett Everett Barr held with the press.