Crossword clues for bani
n. (plural of ban English) (qualifier: currency)
100 bani equal 1 leu
100 bani equal 1 leu
a bachelor's degree in nursing [syn: Bachelor of Arts in Nursing]
v. prohibit especially by legal means or social pressure; "Smoking is banned in this building"
forbid the public distribution of ( a movie or a newspaper) [syn: censor]
ban from a place of residence, as for punishment [syn: banish]
Bani may refer to:
- Baní, a city in the Dominican Republic
- Bani Department, a department in the Séno Province of Burkina Faso
- Bani, Bourzanga, Bam, Burkina Faso
- Bani, Gnagna, Burkina Faso
- Bani, The Gambia
- Bani, India, an assembly constituency under Udhampur, Jammu and Kashmir, India
- Bani, Iran, a village in West Azerbaijan Province, Iran
- Bani, South Khorasan or Boniabad, a village in South Khorasan Province, Iran
- Bani River, a tributary of the Niger River in Mali
- Bani, Mirpur, town in Pakistan
- Bani, Pangasinan, a municipality of the Philippines
In other uses:
Banu (Arabic), Beni, Bene or Banī, Arabic for "the sons of" or "children of" which appears before the name of a tribal progenitor
- Bani Isra'il (disambiguation)
- Bani (letter), a letter of the Georgian alphabet
- Bani, a subdivision of the Romanian leu
- Bani, a subdivision of the Moldovan leu
- Bani the Gadite, one of David's Mighty Warriors
- Bani, stylistic school of the Indian classical music genre dhrupad
Bani (asomtavruli , nuskhuri , mkhedruli ბ) is the 2nd letter of the three Georgian scripts.
In the system of Georgian numerals it has a value of 2.
Bani commonly represents the voiced bilabial plosive , like the pronunciation of in "boy".
Usage examples of "bani".
Thanks also to the administration, faculty, students, parents, and board of the Sant Bani School, the staff of Orchard House, and the Houghton Library at Harvard.
Others said he was just a bully that no one had ever stood up to because he was the heir of a rich family of the Numayr clan of the Bani Faris tribe and no one wanted to risk antagonizing him.
But the Goddess is kind to her devotees, and our ancestors met an ancestor of Shaykh Salah when he was preparing to meet a traditional enemy in battle, and he made an offer: in exchange for help in battle, some land and the use of the Bani Ghassan range for our flocks under his protection.
Others of our women have chosen to marry Ghassani men and into the Bani Ghassan tribe, which means into its jurisdiction and customs.
He wants it known that yesterday a traveler came as a suppliant who placed himself under the protection of Salah bin Mansur of the Bani Ghassan.
As I presume you learned when you examined the brands on their animals, our guests are Bani Faris.
I probably changed hands a few times before I was taken in by a Bani Faris family.
It says the Bayt Ali are trying to get the agreement between Bani Ghassan and Ahl al-Hilal set aside.
Only after the flames claimed his carcass did we reclaim the Duchy - and the people of Bani welcomed us with flowers and kisses and songs of joy.
The name of their deliveryman was Bani al-Dahab, and he was a Saudi national, here on a visa long expired.
Sweeping branches of ancient Bani trees hung low over rocky shores where spindly-legged waders strutted and preened.
On the lower Tigris near Al Amarah, a new tribal confederation, the Bani Lam, took root.
The degree of hierarchy and centralization operative in a given tribe seems to correlate with the length of time it has been sedentary: the Bani Isad, for example, which has been settled for several centuries, is much more centralized than the Ash Shabana, which has been sedentary only since the end of the nineteenth century.
One of the Bani Hashim guards stirred as he approached, then settled back into the velvet shadow of the boulder that he was leaning against.
On the printing press, uncounted sums of Bulgarian leva and Rumanian bani and Turkish paras, all of it apparently worth something somewhere.