ANCA Pty Ltd (formerly Australian Numerical Control and Automation Pty Ltd) is an Australia company which designs and manufactures computer numerical controlled grinding machines. The company was founded in 1974 by Pat Boland and Pat McCluskey in Melbourne, Australia.
ANCA has its headquarters and main manufacturing plant in Melbourne where it employs about 400 people (2012). Since 2006 two additional plants have been opened in Thailand and Taiwan. The company is export-oriented and has expanded its operations by opening sales offices in nine other countries (2006 data) throughout America, Europe and Asia. In 2006 it won three Governor of Victoria Export Awards, and was reported to be a leader in its field of high-end precision grinders that are used in many industries including aeronautics and automotive production.
The company produces a range of computer numerical control (CNC) tool and cutter grinders to meet large-scale manufacturing and entry-level production requirements. The company also produces medical and dental drills.
ANCA has exported approximately 4000 machines, and was named Australian Exporter of the Year in 1999. The company is also the world’s leading manufacturer of CNC Tool and Cutter Grinders. Its new subsidiary, ANCA Motion, is supplying computer controls to other Australian manufacturers and exporting to China and Taiwan.
ANCA designs and manufactures its own machines. Machines produced include:
- CNC grinding machines
- CNC tool and cutting machines
- CNC sharpening machines
- CNC tap manufacturing machines
- CNC specialist stick-blade grinding machines
ANCA or Anca may refer to:
- Australian Nature Conservation Agency, now Environment Australia
- ANCA (company), Australian manufacturing company
- Anca (name), Romanian female first name
- Antarctic Names Committee of Australia
- Anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody, proteins detected in a number of autoimmune disorders
- Ançã (Cantanhede), civil parish in Portugal
- Ançã, town in Portugal
- Armenian National Committee of America
Ançã is a Portuguese civil parish in the municipality of Cantanhede. The population in 2011 was 2,625, in an area of 18.10 km².
Anca is a Romanian-language female given name and a surname. Notable persons with that name include: