Crossword clues for acari
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Acarus \Ac"a*rus\, n.; pl. Acari. [NL., from Gr. ? the cheese mite, tick.] (Zo["o]l.) A genus including many species of small mites.
n. (plural of acarus English)
n. a mite of the genus Acarus
[also: acari (pl)]
Acarí is a town in the Arequipa region of Peru. It has a population of 4445 and sits at an elevation of 410 meters.
Acari is a group of arachnids containing ticks and mites. "Acari" may also refer to:
- Acarí District, a district in Peru
- Acarí, the capital of Acarí District
- Professor Acari, a fictional character in the animated series Kim Possible
- Acari, Rio Grande do Norte, a municipality in Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
- Acari River (Rio de Janeiro), a river in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Usage examples of "acari".
Making my visit at an hour when a more favourable light entered the room, swarms of acari were found on the cards, about the glass tumbler, both within and without, and also on the platform of the apparatus.