Search for crossword answers and clues
Capital of Kofi Annan's home country
Answer for the clue "Capital of Kofi Annan's home country ", 5 letters:
Alternative clues for the word accra
- Capital east of Abidjan
- West African capital
- Capital just west of 0 degrees longitude
- Capital on the Gulf of Guinea
- Gulf of Guinea city
- Capital on the Bight of Benin
- African capital on the Gulf of Guinea
- Capital of Ghana
- Gold Coast port
- Capital served by Kotoka International Airport
- Ghana's capital
- Gulf of Guinea capital
- Capital and largest city of Ghana
- Capital city on the Atlantic
- African port of 2.2 million
- Gulf of Guinea metropolis
- Capital south of Lake Volta
- Capital up the coast from Cape Coast
- The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port
- Ghanaian port
- Ghanaian capital
- Capital of 43 Across
- Gulf of Guinea port
- Port city of Ghana
- Councillor taken in by accountant in African city
- Some tarmac cracks in African city
- African capital city running administration at outset?
- Ghana's largest city
- African coastal capital
- Port city in Ghana
- Ghana capital
- Capital just west of the prime meridian
- Port of Ghana
- Largest city of Ghana
- Largest city in Ghana
- Ghana's main port
- Ghana port
- Capital city on the Gulf of Guinea
- Biggest city in Ghana
- An African capital
- World capital where the language Ga is spoken
- World capital that's home to Kotoka International Airport
- Seaport of Ghana
- Locale of Ghana's Parliament House
- Home of the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial
- Home of the Ghanaian parliament
- Gold Coast capital
- Ghanian capital
- Ghanaian metropolis
- Ghanaian coastal city
- Foreign capital where W. E. B. Du Bois is buried
- Capital overlooking the Gulf of Guinea
- Capital of the former British Gold Coast colony
- Capital of the African Gold Coast
- Capital of Annan's homeland
- Capital near the equator and the prime meridian
- Capital near Lake Volta
- Capital in Africa
- Capital down the coast from Lomé
- Birthplace of Ghanaian president Nana Akufo-Addo
- African capital nearest the Prime Meridian
- African capital near the prime meridian
Word definitions for accra in dictionaries
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Word definitions in The Collaborative International Dictionary
Accra \Accra\ n. 1. the capital city of Ghana.
Word definitions in Wiktionary
n. The capital of Ghana.
Word definitions in Wikipedia
Accra is the capital and largest city of Ghana , with an estimated urban population of 2.27 million . It is also the capital of the Greater Accra Region and of the Accra Metropolitan District , with which it is conterminous. Accra is furthermore the anchor...
Usage examples of accra.
It is mentioned above that on the Gold Coast cacao is brought down to Accra as head-loads, or in barrels, or in motor-lorries.
That the consumption of cacao is expected to grow greater yet in the immediate future is reflected in the prices of raw cacao, which, as soon as they were no longer fixed by the Government, rose rapidly, thus Accra cacao rose from 65s.
There were urban planners there, too, from places like Accra and Buenos Aires, and from small towns and villages carved out of the most unlikely geographies.
Or in an Accra daily, with African politicians complaining of neo-colonial exploitation.
While Makerakera the expert on aggression sweated frantically to weld together a scratch team of whoever could be spared to join him - Choong from Hong Kong, Jenny Fender from Indiana, Stanislaus Danquah from Accra, and some trainees - the little Greek Pericles Phranakis turned his back on the catastrophe and went away down a path of his own, to a land where success had crowned his efforts with a wreath of bay.
Stopping a few hours at Cape Coast Castle, Accra, and other ports they at last arrived at Bonny.
The superstition of the negroes is wonderful, and at Accra they are, if possible, more superstitious than anywhere else.
The surf is heavy at Accra and Frank held his breath, as, after waiting for a favorable moment, the steersman gave the sign and the boat darted in at lightning speed on the top of a great wave, and ran up on the beach in the midst of a whirl of white foam.
The surf was much heavier here than it had been at Accra, and each wave threw the boat almost perpendicularly into the air, so that only a few feet of the end of the keel touched the water.
Shortly after Britain formally applied for membership in the European Common Market, a meeting of the Commonwealth Economic Con-, sultative Council was convened at Accra, in Ghana, to explore the difficulties to Commonwealth trade that might arise.
Fleming and Hees submitted drafts of their intended remarks to the Prime Minister, had them approved, then flew to Accra accompanied by six Canadian correspondents.
In Ottawa, meanwhile, the press reports coming back 324 Exercise of Power from Accra were causing considerable excitement.
When Pearson asked him to comment on the Accra reports, the Prime Minister replied he was confident that the stories did not represent what was said.
Fleming and Hees had no idea of the furor they had caused in Canada, until they landed in Rome the day after the Accra conference.
The Prime Minister was blazing mad and warned Fleming that he would renounce the Accra performance.