Search for crossword answers and clues
Answer for the clue "Jerez, formerly ", 5 letters:
Alternative clues for the word xeres
- Spanish city that gave sherry its name
- City whose name was the source of the word "sherry"
- Spanish sherry city, formerly
- Town for which sherry was named
- Where sherry originated
- Jerez, once
- Sherry wine
- Spanish city from which sherry takes it name
- City where sherry was originated
- Spanish wine city
- Old Spanish sherry city
- Fount of sherry
- Spanish city for which sherry is named
- Sherry from Spain
- Old Spanish sherry
- Former name of Jerez, sherry center in Spain
Word definitions for xeres in dictionaries
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Word definitions in The Collaborative International Dictionary
Xeres \Xer"es\, n. Sherry. See Sherry .
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
Word definitions in Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
Andalusian town (modern Jerez ) famous for its wine; see sherry . For first letter, see xebec .
Usage examples of xeres.
It was on the fifth floor of this tenement that Father Concha, instructed by Heaven knows what priestly source of information, looked to meet with Sebastian, the whilom bodyservant of the late Colonel Monreal of Xeres.